WFD World Finals 2012 is ON!!!

Boo

Founder WFD
It's Spring Time and time to get those lawn mowers tune and ready to go!

Do You Have What it Takes to be THE WORLD’S FASTEST DRUMMER??
PROVE IT!

NAMM International announces the twelfth outing to find the ‘World’s Fastest Drummer’. This highly charged Interactive Event is a feature at this year’s Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, TN.. The contest, which consists of two categories, Fastest Hands and Fastest Feet, will be held each day on World’s Fastest Drummer Lobby Stage at the Nashville Convention Center starting at 11:00am Thursday, July 12th, with “heats” continuing through 1:00pm on public day Saturday July 14th. The top ten Fastest Hands and top ten Fastest Feet will compete in a ‘Finals Battle’ of both categories held at 2:00 pm, Saturday, July 14th.

Note: Thursday 12th and Friday 13th. Preliminaries are for NAMM Members only. Saturday 14th is open to the public with a Wanna Play Music Day ticket. WFD will have public preliminaries starting at 10:00 a.m. and running till 1:00 pm. World Finals Battle is at 2:00 pm Saturday July 14th.

WFD-Extreme Sport Drumming has been a feature on The Warped Tour, OzzFest and most major networks including ESPN, FOX SPORTS, MTV, VH1, ABC, BBC, PBS and CNN. WFD The Game produced well over 1.5 million plays for MTV’s Addicting Games in it’s first 90 days. WFD is the official ruling and certification organization for Guinness World Records.

Contestants should sign in at World’s Fastest Drummer Contest stage area located at the WFD lobby stage in The Nashville Convention Center starting the morning of Thursday, July 12th..

For more information please visit http://www.namm.org or http://www.WorldsFastestDrummer.com
Or email us at info@WorldsFastestDrummer.com

MAY THE FASTEST DRUMMER WIN!!!!!!!

Boo
Team WFD

ps. Hope to see some DW friends @ WFD 2012, who' coming to Summer NAMM 2012?

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Good luck with the event Boo, but I'm a prime candidate for worlds slowest drummer. If you ever expand to include that category (single stroke below 0.01bpm), then call me up (actually, keeping that metronome tight would be a cool challenge). Contestants would be regularly monitored by placing a mirror underneath their nostrils :)

Boo

Founder WFD
Good luck with the event Boo, but I'm a prime candidate for worlds slowest drummer. If you ever expand to include that category (single stroke below 0.01bpm), then call me up (actually, keeping that metronome tight would be a cool challenge). Contestants would be regularly monitored by placing a mirror underneath their nostrils :)
Thanks for the support! hehehehe yea I know what you are talking about, whenever I do a run at WFD events the refs turn off the Drumometer and use a 'CALENDAR' instead cuz I'm so sloooooooow! chick-A-BOOM!!!!!!! :)

Hey by the way have you seen this video of the young man from the UK that won WFD @ Bell Percussion in London? Luke Harrison is his name. Check him our at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-AE9W1Y648

Again thanks!

Boo

ps. Hey I was checking out http://www.gurudrumworks.co.uk/ wow really cool work! They look very nice! :)

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Thanks for the support! hehehehe yea I know what you are talking about, whenever I do a run at WFD events the refs turn off the Drumometer and use a 'CALENDAR' instead cuz I'm so sloooooooow! chick-A-BOOM!!!!!!! :)

Hey by the way have you seen this video of the young man from the UK that won WFD @ Bell Percussionin London? Luke Harrison is his name. Check him our at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-AE9W1Y648

Again thanks!

Boo
Good to see you've got a sense of humour to offset our ageing carpals Boo :) P.S. Give Matt a good slap from me when you see him, & be sure to tell him it's from Andy :)

Boo

Founder WFD
Good to see you've got a sense of humour to offset our ageing carpals Boo :) P.S. Give Matt a good slap from me when you see him, & be sure to tell him it's from Andy :)
Andy, hehe, Hey I was checking out http://www.gurudrumworks.co.uk/ wow really cool work! They look very nice! Bet they sound really good too! :) What's the fastest drum you guys build? :)

I ask this question in earnest: "what makes any particular drum faster (response wise) than another drum?"

Matt 'the kid' Smith has been out at Drum-O-Farm for the past week helping me with chores etc. We shot some educational video (of course it was all about SPEED!!!!) :) But he just left yesterday to go back into the city (nashville tn.) I will tell him though and I bet he'll be on here and weigh in on all this who's the 'world's slowest' stuff!

If he's not out on the road, Matt will be doing demos and refereeing @ upcoming World Finals 2012!

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Andy, hehe, Hey I was checking out http://www.gurudrumworks.co.uk/ wow really cool work! They look very nice! Bet they sound really good too! :) What's the fastest drum you guys build? :)

I ask this question in earnest: "what makes any particular drum faster (response wise) than another drum?"

Matt 'the kid' Smith has been out at Drum-O-Farm for the past week helping me with chores etc. We shot some educational video (of course it was all about SPEED!!!!) :) But he just left yesterday to go back into the city (nashville tn.) I will tell him though and I bet he'll be on here and weigh in on all this who's the 'world's slowest' stuff!

If he's not out on the road, Matt will be doing demos and refereeing @ upcoming World Finals 2012!
Hahaha, I'm glad you've got Matt doing "chores"! Way to go Boo, more "chores" for Matt I say :):):) I'm sure he'll luuuurve "the kid" reference. You know he's not sensitive about that? Yeah right!!!!! Seriously, he knows I love him, in very small doses :)

Fastest drum? Wow, now there's a question. It's certainly possible to design drums with instant reso head articulation, & come to think of it, we have a double bearing edge technology (currently in prototype) that would aid rapid head recovery. You might be onto something there :) Of course, it's not for me, but there's a ton of players out there who'll lap that up.

Boo

Founder WFD
Fastest drum? Wow, now there's a question. It's certainly possible to design drums with instant reso head articulation, & come to think of it, we have a double bearing edge technology (currently in prototype) that would aid rapid head recovery. You might be onto something there :) Of course, it's not for me, but there's a ton of players out there who'll lap that up.
I sent you a PM, I would love to hear more about this topic and your thoughts, We all know that fast is not everything BUT SPEED IS! Meaning Speed does not exist, it's a result a derivative of materials and applied force. A bullet just doesn’t SPEED through the air on it's own. It has to be mechanically/technically propelled by some means. Speed is relative, could be slow or could be fast. It always has amazed me that drummers only relate to speed as FAST!

Of course I'm a sitting target because I'm the ‘goofball’ that invented WFD!!!!!! hehehehehe lol :)

Looking forward to your thoughts, insights and more discussion from any of the forum's drum builders on the topic 'How to Build the World's Fastest Drum!'

And please not 'fasten the drum to a jet airplane'......I may be crazy but I'm not STUPID! :)

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I sent you a PM, I would love to hear more about this topic and your thoughts, We all know that fast is not everything BUT SPEED IS! Meaning Speed does not exist, it's a result a derivative of materials and applied force. A bullet just doesn’t SPEED through the air on it's own. It has to be mechanically/technically propelled by some means. Speed is relative, could be slow or could be fast. It always has amazed me that drummers only relate to speed as FAST!

Of course I'm a sitting target because I'm the ‘goofball’ that invented WFD!!!!!! hehehehehe lol :)

Looking forward to your thoughts, insights and more discussion from any of the forums drum builder on the topic 'How to Build the World's Fastest Drum!'

And please not 'fasten the drum to a jet airplane'......I may be crazy but I'm not STUPID! :)
PM replied to Boo :)

Boo

Founder WFD
Miles Davis

Speaking of WFD Champ Matt 'the kid' Smith:
This is Miles, named and owned by WFD Champ Matt 'the kid' Smith. Miles was named after Miles Davis. It's awesome Matt loves baby goats so much we call him 'the kid' get it? Baby Goat-The Kid, Chick-A BOOM!

Anyway Matt must also love jazz to name this young stud Miles after Miles Davis the great jazz artist. Miles is only 3 days old in this photo. Congrats to Matt 'the kid' Smith on such an awesome prize.

All I can say is both Matt and Miles are truly great 'kids'.........:)

Boo

Founder WFD
OK, one week out till WFD World Finals 2012! Do you have those lawn mowers tuned to perfection? :)

I hope so because contestants from around the globe will be battling for over $12,000 in Grand Prizes! 2 Pearl drumsets, fully loaded with SABIAN cymbals, 100 REMO Heads, lifetime supply of VIC FIRTH drum sticks with winner's name on them, Modern Drummer subscriptions, WFD World title, Gifts from Alfred Publishing tons of 'bragging rights' and much much more..........

Oh and Miss WFD 2012!