Well this is humbling: Hit Like A Girl, Bonham edition

alparrott

Platinum Member
What gets me is that she's only eight, and has been playing for six years already.

Are we witnessing the next Buddy Rich...? Imagine what she'll be doing when she's at our (average) ripe old ages!

AzHeat

Platinum Member
She’s incredible! I think I’m going to set my drums ablaze! Can’t sell them after they have been contaminated by my so called playing. I’ll be logging off DW permanently and never speaking of drums again! :(

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
You know that huge grin she gets as she comes up to a fill and gets to lay it down?

Is it a good or bad thing that I do that in my late 30s?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
She’s incredible! I think I’m going to set my drums ablaze! Can’t sell them after they have been contaminated by my so called playing. I’ll be logging off DW permanently and never speaking of drums again! :(
Bring them to my house and we can shoot them, blow them up, whatever we want. I feel the same way. That girl is amazing.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
Very nice played etc for such a young child, but for some reason i am just not a huge fan of those miracle-children..I am not excluding a jealousy-part here btw..lol..

Plus, bad part for her is kinda that most likely she will be seen the rest of her life as 'being that 8 year old who....', if she would turn into a professional drummer..

Ask Tony Royster Jr. about that..

KamaK

Platinum Member
Very nice played etc for such a young child, but for some reason i am just not a huge fan of those miracle-children.
When I was 8, I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to be able to play "Jessica" with my father's band. It just happened, and I had a lot of fun with it.

That's the good news... but...

By age 14, I was playing bars a couple days a week. By 16, I dropped out to play guitar full time. By 21, I was completely, utterly burnt on the business side of music.

Ultimately, I'm OK with the entire "child virtuoso" thing, but am not OK with the "child virtuoso for money" thing.