Well, that escalated quickly!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Last night's gig was always going to be a bit of a learning curve, but not in the way we thought. Completely packed house, & it was our first outing with the new QU desk + Qpad, plus all the band on IEM's + ME500 mixers. It's a very different performing vibe for sure, but that aspect went better than we thought.

What we didn't expect was a lack of physical front monitors barrier allowing predatory females to storm the stage area for the last few numbers. We're not talking screaming fans here, we're talking inebriated, scantily clad, questionable appendage wielding "ladies" hell bent on inappropriate assault of band members while other filmed with their phones. The 3 front guys suffered contact considerably over the line - how they kept playing is beyond me.

Myself & the keys player thought we'd got away with it due to our handy organic personal barriers, but oh no, they jumped on us during gear breakdown, with actions that can only be described as arrestable!

Sounds like fun, but it got stupid, & the offenders were eventually removed from the premises. We're hoping video doesn't emerge!

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Wow some people have all the luck-just kidding! Well I guess you could look at it that it was nice they were so moved by your music it evoked such a response-or live in fear you now have femme fatale stalkers. Before your videos showed lovely young ladies taking phone pics-now make a big move to digital and look what happens-digits everywhere. I'm a lil disappointed there is no video this time LOL.

Mongrel

Silver Member
By the title of your thread....I thought you were hit with a barrage of Moderator requests!

Lol

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
This is a great advertising idea for the QU desk + Qpad, plus IEM's + ME500 mixers. Do before and after shots.
Show how better sound can have a positive affect on the audience.

sumdrumguy

It's only happended to me once. Small venue with no stage. We were playing on the floor.

Any idea challenging it is to keep the groove going while a sloppy drunk, popping out of her mini-dress temptress is using your testicles as castanets!

Last edited:

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Last night's gig was always going to be a bit of a learning curve, but not in the way we thought. Completely packed house, & it was our first outing with the new QU desk + Qpad, plus all the band on IEM's + ME500 mixers. It's a very different performing vibe for sure, but that aspect went better than we thought.

What we didn't expect was a lack of physical front monitors barrier allowing predatory females to storm the stage area for the last few numbers. We're not talking screaming fans here, we're talking inebriated, scantily clad, questionable appendage wielding "ladies" hell bent on inappropriate assault of band members while other filmed with their phones. The 3 front guys suffered contact considerably over the line - how they kept playing is beyond me.

Myself & the keys player thought we'd got away with it due to our handy organic personal barriers, but oh no, they jumped on us during gear breakdown, with actions that can only be described as arrestable!

Sounds like fun, but it got stupid, & the offenders were eventually removed from the premises. We're hoping video doesn't emerge!
Video or it didn't happen! Come on now.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Video or it didn't happen! Come on now.
We didn't video the gig, but if I displayed even 1 second of video, or even a screen shot, I'd have to ban myself!

I've also had calls from band members asking me to police any social media video posts from 3rd parties, as spouse support for their band involvement would likely prove challenging. The guys behaved impeccably & professionally, but video clips without context could easily be taken the wrong way.

Lee-Bro

If I displayed even 1 second of video, or even a screen shot, I'd have to ban myself!

I've also had calls from band members asking me to police any social media video posts from 3rd parties, as spouse support for their band involvement would likely prove challenging. The guys behaved impeccably & professionally, but video clips without context could easily be taken the wrong way.
Upload it and post a link. Inquiring minds want to know/see!

As a side note and not to entirely hijack the thread, I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer. She and her bridal party were on a scavenger hunt and one of the items on her list was, "receive lap dance." She's wearing a white top and sitting on my lap in the photo below. The song we're playing? "Lady Marmalade."

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer.
Holy crap! I'm assuming your (probably ex) better half was suitably impressed?

I remember our singer at a festival - his wife in the audience - decided it would be a good idea to introduce a song as something he sang to his first wife on their wedding day. Of course, that went down really well (NOT!!!).

I don't actually have a video clip, but judging by the number of phones pointing at the action, they certainly exist :(

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member

As a side note and not to entirely hijack the thread, I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer. She and her bridal party were on a scavenger hunt and one of the items on her list was, "receive lap dance." She's wearing a white top and sitting on my lap in the photo below. The song we're playing? "Lady Marmalade."

Wow I'm impressed I know that was a hard gig to play with that lovely lady grinding on you like that. I don't know if I could keep focus.

D

drumming sort of person

As a side note and not to entirely hijack the thread, I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer.
Actually, looks like she gave YOU a lap dance.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I remember our singer at a festival - his wife in the audience - decided it would be a good idea to introduce a song as something he sang to his first wife on their wedding day. Of course, that went down really well (NOT!!!).
OMG that's a scream. In front of all those people no less. That's a heapin helpin of some bad crow right there.

That was your former singer I'm assuming.

DrumWhipper

We had a drunk lady come up on stage after our bass player one night. The bass player's wife and woman's husband both went after her at the same time lol