Wall Mounted Music Stand with Extending Arm

cjj

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me to a wall mounted Music Stand with extending arm that would allow me to push it against the wall when not in use.

Something similar to this, but would screw into the wall (sorry, can't get the pic to show so I'm including a link)...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3BG16C7858&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Monitor+Accessories-_-9SIA3BG16C7858&gclid=CNP8kurIj8gCFVc6gQodBz8EWw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks so much for your help.

CJ

tcspears

Gold Member
Can I ask why you'd want a wall mounted stand? One of the reasons people have been using standalone music stands for so long is that they are portable, easy to adjust, and are able to move with very little effort...

I'm not being difficult, I'm just wondering what the benefit would be...

cjj

So I don't have to keep picking up my regular stand and moving it to get in/onto the kit (it's a space issue). Also, the legs of the stand barely fit between the wall and HiHat legs.

tcspears

Gold Member
So I don't have to keep picking up my regular stand and moving it to get in/onto the kit (it's a space issue). Also, the legs of the stand barely fit between the wall and HiHat legs.
I've definitely played on some tight stages where I could barely fit my drums and a music stand, so i can sympathize!

Keep it simple. Screw some of these on to the wall.
(Or screw a clipboard on to the wall)

That's a great idea!

cjj

I appreciate the suggestion, unfortunately the wall is behind me so I need an arm/extender to bring things out in front of me in order to see it while in use (and pushed flush/flat against the wall when not in use).

You might be able to see in my avatar pic what I'm up against (the wall, lol).... I can barely sneak back behind my kit between the wall/HHs.

Thanks for your help.

CJ

New Tricks

Platinum Member
Something similar to this, but would screw into the wall (sorry, can't get the pic to show so I'm including a link)...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3BG16C7858&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Monitor+Accessories-_-9SIA3BG16C7858&gclid=CNP8kurIj8gCFVc6gQodBz8EWw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks so much for your help.

CJ
You can screw that one to the wall.

Or look at an inexpensive flat screen TV mount (Home Depot/Lowes) and attach you music stand instead of the TV

And....wait a minute.....drummers don't read music :)