waiting!!

triple circle

the ludwig centennial 24'',12''14''16'' 6 1/2 x14'' green sparkle! as close as ill come to a bonham kit... now just need some giant beat cymbals(some day)

triple circle

no,didnt see it in person,my local drum shop is about the size of my closet,but i did my research on it and listened to every video i could on youtube for it...
---O
_OO

triple circle

oh and i bought it from 2112 percussion out of raleigh,n.c....alot of headaches dealing with them,the sales guy said he ordered it last monday,but when i got the track # from him(on Thursday)it said order made earlier that day,so he was lying to me,which obviously i dont like and will not use them again.

thechief7676

I know the feeling. I love coming home from work early on delivery days and staring out the window for the Big Brown Truck!

I ordered a Brass on Brass Black Beauty back in October and can't wait to get the email stating it has shipped. Suppose to be here this month. fingers are crossed.

Enjoy the new Luddies and be sure to post some pics!

Zickosdrummer

I know exactly how you feel. I've been waiting for two weeks for someone to ship me two drums to complete my kit. He's a reputable guy but he has my money and I have no drums yet. :-(

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
That's cool. A scaled-down Bonham kit! Enjoy them when you get them, and post some pics! I think you should keep a live rubber tree set up in the corner behind you everywhere you play and see how long it takes for it to succumb to the Hammer of the Gods.... ;)

Nodiggie

Gold Member
I feel your pain. Mine was to show in Jan/Feb and then I was told mid March. Well, not sure if ya'll been keeping up with current events but ITS MID MARCH! still no phone call......arghhhhh

Bull

Gold Member
I ordered my new Ludwig kit 2 weeks ago. I was told to expect it in 6-12 weeks.I expect it to take longer.

timmdrum

Silver Member
oh and i bought it from 2112 percussion out of raleigh,n.c....alot of headaches dealing with them,the sales guy said he ordered it last monday,but when i got the track # from him(on Thursday)it said order made earlier that day,so he was lying to me,which obviously i dont like and will not use them again.
How would a shipping company's tracking info indicate when the store ordered the kit...? All that would relay is when the manufacturer shipped it out. Could be the manufacturer's delay. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there's no definitive evidence in your explanation.

triple circle

well,first this wasnt the first kit i was gonna get(but glad i did) the first kit i was going to get was the "epic" set,2112 said they had one left in stock made the order ,charged my credit card then two days later he called and said that ludwig sent it overseas?so we had to come up with another kit so since they messed that up for me he said that he would try and get me a deal on the centennials,that was a week ago thurs.bye monday i had a price for them and he said he would order them and i should have them bye thurs-fri of last weekthen he called me thurs,and said the order was going out tha day?see the thing tha got me was he was on the road,he said he went to florida and he got back to the drum shop thurs,i asked him for the trackin # and he said he would call me in a couple hrs to give it to me.that was at about 10:00 am he called me at 7:30 pm with the number,i also called ludwig and asked if a dealer put in an order(in stock) on monday when would it be shipped and he said no later than tuesday soooo............. i dont know,dont care now,i got my set last night,so im happy.tony from 2112 was a good guy,maybe it was on the up&up....

Nodiggie

Gold Member
After reading many posts all over the web about delivery times on custom orders (including horror stories from every drum mfg on the planet), I decided to check up yesterday. Was told last month "Mid March" nope. Was told today the kit would be at Pa distribution center on April 4th and 7-9 days to me. Today was day 129, didn't think I'd be lucky enough to get it in 120 days. The due date puts me at April 15th, 159 days but who's counting?

triple circle

jesus,i would lose my mind waiting that long! i waited 2 weeks from start to finish and i was losing my mind! ya,it seems that dealers and manufacturers need to get on the same page!
--O
-OO

inneedofgrace

Platinum Member
I've never ordered drums that needed to be shipped, but have ordered some percussion pieces.

A few years back I special ordered a car, and I remember the anticipation for the next three months kept building until I couldn't take it any more. I'm sure I'd feel the same about a kit.