Vistalite/Acrylic Gig kits

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I have been thinking about picking an acrylic kit up to gig with, but I am slightly concerned with their durability. I have played many acrylic kits so I have no problem with their sound. I just want to know if anybody here gigs regularly with their acrylic and what problems they have had with them. I am very careful with my gear and I transport everything in SKB hard cases so I am not concerned with scratches, but I am concerned about small cracks around mounting points, lugs and such. I know Zickos has a sweet kit. Maybe he can chime in.

Note: I gig 4-7 nights a week so durability is an issue. I would use the kit for 3-4 of those gigs. Pics of kits are welcome of course:)

Evilbagua

Silver Member
If you have hardcases and don't throw them around or drop them down stairs your going to be fine. You would have to go out of your way to damage them. The modern acrylic kits seams are stronger than the 70's ones, yet both my 70's kits have taken some abuse with no damage.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Thanks for the fast response. I am overly cautious about my gear and I think that might be the answer to my question. Nice Ignignokt avatar.