Viseo of Ronn Dunnett Playing in 1983

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Ha, what's with the cardboard sign pointing at Ron at the end? Nice playing behind the (now) almost comedy early 80's dress sense.

Arky

Platinum Member
Nice vis - er - vid ;-)
Wow, I didn't know they had talent shows in the early 80's...

Bruce M. Thomson

Gold Member
Nice vis - er - vid ;-)
Wow, I didn't know they had talent shows in the early 80's...
I hunt and peck too fast. The CBC in Canada has always been a bit ahead of their time because they must have a large percentage of Canadian content forcing them to come up with all sorts of shows, many copied and re-packaged in the U.S. Finding this video led me to some interviews he has done as well; I am trying to either talk myself in to or out of buying the Titanium snare. He is such a dedicated drumsmith and he is a wonderful personality in the business as well. It's a g-note before tax making it a total of $1300; it is tempting because I never want to have to ever dwell about my snare sound again; I presently play a Mapex Walnut (Deep Forest) and for the money it is VG but I am missing something.
The Ludwig Black Beuty is an option as well.

Aeolian

Platinum Member
During the guitar solo, there's a rhythm guitar coming from somewhere. Obviously lip-sync'd

Bruce, I've played one of those snares in a friends kit (Yamaha MCA). If you have the coin, they are totally worth it. This was in a fairly small room and the volume and tone was amazingly controllable.

Skulmoski

Gold Member
A band from my home town. Ron had a good reputation in our music circle. The first band I was in was with the singer's brother Jerry. Nostalgia for breakfast.

GJS

Bruce M. Thomson

Gold Member
During the guitar solo, there's a rhythm guitar coming from somewhere. Obviously lip-sync'd

Bruce, I've played one of those snares in a friends kit (Yamaha MCA). If you have the coin, they are totally worth it. This was in a fairly small room and the volume and tone was amazingly controllable.
You read my mind. Thanks for the heads up.