Unusual rhythmical collaboration - Michele Drees

keep it simple

Platinum Member
It's not my type of music either, but I liked the groove very much :)

Is it me or did I hear some Brown's Sex Machine vibe in this song?
Absolutely based on "Sex Machine", but quite a rework. This is just one of those performances that I know I shouldn't like, but I do, & that means there's a quality to it somewhere. Either way, I think Michele brings much to the party here.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Fabulous pair of tapping clips - the Michel/les and Papa's tapper. Fine entertainment on a miserable rainy night!

keep it simple

Platinum Member
That a brilliant performance from Michelle and Michele, lol. I'm discovering both the dancer and the drummer.
yes, I love it. Relaxed & informal, yet edgy :) Michele I know of, but Michelle, wow, I love her vibe & flow. Great foot chops!!

I would have loved a camera angle showing both the tap dancing and the drumming, well, sounds like I'll have to make every effort I can to be at the London Drum Show :)
Showing the drums would have been better, but I'm guessing this was an "ad hoc" recording. Henri, it would be an honour to receive you as my guest at the London drum show. It's a great two days of drummy fun :)

It's really good news Andy to hear that Michele will perform for Guru's new line, any other "big" names on the agenda?
I was thrilled when Michele contacted us about doing something for the show. She played the prototype kit last year, & was (her words) blown away by the sound. She's played the same drums (Yamaha 9000) since the mid 80's, and has had no inclination to change, Although she's played numerous drum brands, no other has ever touched her in the same way as our prototype. She's a self pronounced "non gear head". Actually, she reminds me very much of Pol/Anon!

No other names for us Henri. Michele's show is to be conducted outside of the official program, so we're pushing it with just the one session.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
That a brilliant performance from Michelle and Michele, lol. I'm discovering both the dancer and the drummer.

I would have loved a camera angle showing both the tap dancing and the drumming, well, sounds like I'll have to make every effort I can to be at the London Drum Show :)

It's really good news Andy to hear that Michele will perform for Guru's new line, any other "big" names on the agenda?

keep it simple

Platinum Member
That's pretty cool. I've always liked tapdancing and drumming together.

Check out this video at 1:50 for Papa Jo Jones, George Benson and Jimmy Slyde trading solo's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCg7o1quAQ&feature=related
Excellent! A lovely subdued vibe & true synergy. I guess Michele's jam is a more modern & higher energy version of the same thing. Both cool, both different.

I still can't believe Michele has agreed to play at our launch :)

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Here's a clip featuring my very favourite female drummer, Michele Drees (K.D. Lang, Kirsty MacColl, Susan Vega, Seal, Marc Almond, Candy Dulfer, etc, etc) jamming with the super talented tap/stomp dancer, Michelle Dorrance. I'm loving the interpretation by both "players", & a jam/collaboration you don't see very often. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXurFZ5pzHk 4:02 = stunning drumming & dance answer :)

On a related point, I'm hugely excited that Michele has agreed to perform at the launch of our Origin series drums at the London Drum Show in October. Wow, just Wow!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited: