Uncle Larry needs you...

Anon La Ply

Renegade
You were the lone dominant female for a few years here. I agree that no title should be awarded to a less than 10,000 post count member. Except Henri apparently. Envious!

But yea, 10,000. It's like graduation.
You were offered a title. Hmm. I haven't got any offers yet. Bernhard very well may not want me titled, I can be a vulgar dinner guest at times. Trouser snake. Lol.
"Dominant female" ROFL - Arlene Schwartzenegger

I think Henri was rewarded for services rendered above and beyond the call of duty. Besides, I needed an agent :) When he hits 10k he will be able to cut away from my apron strings and be freeee!

It's all about paying your dues ...

lol....member in good standing
haha Upright or upstanding member

Maybe Platinum Trouser Snake?

8Mile

Platinum Member
Since this thread is quickly degrading, let me help make it worse: I used to play in a band where the last names of the other musicians were Peters, Johnson, Cox and Schwartz.

MaryO

Platinum Member
Who decides this stuff? I'm not above monetary bribes, just for the record.
Send that bribe this way and I'll put I a good word for you. I'm sure that will go far with our fine admins!

Oh, and I was thinking Leopard Larry might work as a title...whatchya think? ;).

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Send that bribe this way and I'll put I a good word for you. I'm sure that will go far with our fine admins!

Oh, and I was thinking Leopard Larry might work as a title...whatchya think? ;).
Make it "Leopard-print Larry" and you've got my vote. That's quite an image.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Are the negative associations around "Uncle Larry" due to "Uncle Ernie" or are we talking about a phenotype on which Uncle Ernie has been based? Traditionally, unmarried uncles were thought of as "confirmed bachelors". That more usually meant a proclivity for peers rather than carrying around bags of lollies.

Whatever, it could be cleared up with a disclaimer ...

"Uncle Larry (Happily Married)"

Andy, you're almost as bad a piker as the old cow who refused to keep posting to avoid a 5-figure count. "Platinum Member" just makes you sound like an upgraded version of Austin Powers's nemesis.

I already have the title of my choice. I think 'Renegade" nicely suits my sinister cockroach head :)
Hi Grea, nice to see you posting again.

Ya, Uncle Larry would need that disclaimer. ha ha.

Renegade is much better than hooligan or scallywag(sp?)! That's for sure.

If I had a title of my choosing, I'd take 'White Chocolate'.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
I agree that no title should be awarded to a less than 10,000 post count member. Except Henri apparently...
...and Ian Williams :)

"Dominant female" ...
:) :) :) :)

When he hits 10k he will be able to cut away from my apron strings and be freeee!
No, when Pollyanna hits 10 000 posts... then I will be free!

Until then I humbly remain at your service (and you're a good boss, I keep the job for life, haha...)

It's all about paying your dues ...
Indeed Grea, indeed... :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Still no offers......That's OK, I have been passed over so much, they made it a holiday.

I think I will compose an acceptance speech, you know, thanking all the little people, just in case. :p

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Still no offers......That's OK, I have been passed over so much, they made it a holiday.

I think I will compose an acceptance speech, you know, thanking all the little people, just in case. :p
FWIW, I don't think you have to wait until 10,000 posts Larry. You've contributed enough to "earn" a change to your title if you want it IMO.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Since so many want Uncle Larry, and I did say I would go with the popular vote, I'll concede. I just want a title.
Dear Uncle Larry

So by popular voting, you've got your seeked after title, which is fully deserved, your imputs in this forum is second to none, you're a unique member, so thanks to Bernhard, the real star of this forum, to allow this to happen, but is it a title really? ...a "title" sounds a bit pompous no? It's more a friendly nickname, once started by your nephew, Anthony

"Uncle Larry" is indeed the uncle of this large family that this forum represent for many around here, and it's a nice friendly "title" we can all look upon, knowing that as long as you'll be here, we'll be alright, and we'll have plenty of interesting threads to participate.

This title comes to you at the best time of the year too, a Christmas gift for a gifted drummer and a gifted person, may this little gesture thank you for all you have done for this forum.

Merry Christmas larryace :)

Faithfully yours

Your nephew, Henri

Well now we are all ears to listen to your acceptance speech, and we all know it's going to be funny, kind, humble, open, true, friendly, teasing and emotional, exactly like the Uncle Larry we all know and love around here...

MaryO

Platinum Member
Speech! Speech! Congrats, Larry (sorry, I'm just going to have get used to the whole "uncle" thing. I promise I'll eventually be able to say it without snickering).

Merry Christmas!

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Congrats Larry. That should do you until the next blues explosion and you switch to "DW Pro Drummer".

Anthony, take a bow for starting the ball rolling! You are now a certified and documented rabble rouser, and no doubt will have an extra entry in your CIA file ...

A

Anthony Amodeo

my uncle is official !!!!!!!!

I can't help but feel like I had a pretty big part in this appropriate and well deserved title

pretty sure I was the first to call him uncle Larry quite a few months ago

so if you hate it...I'm sorry :)

and if you like it ......fantastic

these boards would not be the same without my awesome uncle Larry

Arky

Platinum Member
GVA, your hard work paid off - congrats both to you and to the Uncle ;-)
Always good to invest some efforts into a good cause.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Wow. I’m floored. Truly floored …that the online relationships I have here mean as much to me as they do. Before I thank everyone, I just want to say that I truly have real, non virtual, feelings for all the regulars here. This is the first time in my life I have been publicly recognized for anything, and I am truly humbled. This means more to me than you might know, coming from all of you. I put a lot of my time and heart, soul searching and honesty into what I write. It’s so good to know that it is not for naught.

I say stuff here I don’t say anywhere else. Everyone here knows me more intimately than even my birth family, and that’s a fact. Before Drummerworld, I had no outlet. Having an outlet as fine as this has enabled me to actualize who I am as a drummer. You cannot put a price on that, it’s on a completely different plane.

Anthony….my brother….I wish I could express myself more than just saying thanks. Yes you are responsible for this in my mind. Henri too. I know that I have greatly benefited from our online interactions here. I’ve learned a lot because of you, as my experiences and yours are coming from opposite poles many times. Thanks for getting this ball rolling, I’ve been secretly waiting for this day.

Henri…you sir are among the most selfless giving men I know. I’ve never met a man who is so supportive of his fellow bretheren. Your example gives me a model to look to when I need to be more like you are. You make it easy, because I can just think of…”How would Henri handle this?” What an eloquent gentleman you are. If you weren’t here, I would be far less rich. In case you don’t realize what a positive force in this universe you are…well you are. The people who come in daily contact with you are very fortunate indeed.

Bernhard…You are a great man for providing so many drum playing musicians with such a rich experience here. I’ve said it before but it bears repeating, I think Bernhard’s influence will be easily as great if not greater than the William Ludwigs, Fred Gretsch’s John Goode’s of the drumming world. If there was ever a Mount Rushmore for drummers, your face would be right there. You have truly united the world of drummers by providing the richest place in cyberspace to gather. I think other online forums should look to us for examples as to how it should be done.

So if DrummerWorld is the treasure chest, the treasure inside is for sure the people here. I have to mention you all by name because I value your time and energies, and I respect you all for providing an angle that only you can provide, that contributes to the rich tapestry here.
Andy, Grea, Henri, Bo, Anthony, Jules, Karl Crafton, the other Karl, Steve, Jason, Mr. Mayor, Watso you turd, Bermuda, Duncan, Vince, Abe, Todd, Les, Arky, Mikey, MaryO, Larry(8) Larry(z), Andrew, Jeff Almeyda, Jeffwj, Brent, topgun2021, Bon, dmacc, Caddy, MikeM, Ian Williams, Ian (DrumEatDrum) Aeolin, Daisy, Swiss, Dennis, Bad Tempered Clavier, Wavelength, Mark, Boom, Bull, Boomka, Florian, Otto, Bruce, mikel, nhzoso, naigewron, Odd-Arne, inneedofgrace, Bretton, longgun, Fuo, Pass.of. E.R.A. , Martin, Numberless, Iamjohn, Jeremy Bender, Joeysnare PQleyR, aaajn, Duckenheimer, unfunkyfooted, ambientgreg, KBadd, DSCRAPRE, Doctor Dirt, Zickos, Dale, wildbill and wildbil, CreeplyTuna, VegasIsland, pearlygates, Ainulindale, toddy, resohead, bigiainw, RollingStone000, XeroTalent, Messerschmitt, kettles, Lunar Satellite Brian, Muckster, skod, Netz Ausg, wsabol, criz p. critter, alparrot, Rogue, Scott, slowrocker, BabyBob, Bill Bachman, Eric, OrangeAgent27, THC, Phillippe, The Old Hyde, JimyK, Jay, opentune, IDDrummer, AirbourneSFC, robyn64, jon e rotten, Red Menace, evolving machine, drstrangefunk, diegobxr, Hipshot, Skyking…..
Honorable mention to Sticks, MotoJT, Jennifer (where have you been?) Moon the Loon, Nelson…
If I missed anyone, I am so sorry, I did the best I could to include all the people who made a difference in my life.

I spend a lot of time here and I really care about all my brothers and sisters here. I’m not used to being the center of attention like this, I mean it’s just 2 words under my name, but it means so much to me that I am a recognized part of this community. All I can say is Anthony, thank you for the push, Henri, thank you for strong arming Bernhard lol, thank you Bernhard for allowing it and being responsible for such a big part of my life, and thanks to all the treasured members here, each and every one of you, for contributing your time and thoughts. Hug your wives, husbands, parents, kids, and significant others for me this holiday season and I wish all of you the best in health and happiness and prosperity in the coming year. I love you all.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
So, the squeaky wheel really does get the grease, hey?

Now you have to live up to this title bestowed upon you, Uncle.

Allow me to be the first to test the waters. Can I borrow a hundred bucks?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Well if I lend it to you, then I have to lend it to everyone. So being as I listed well over 100 names, that would be at least 10 grand, and since I don't have 10 grand to lend, and don't want to start an unhealthy precedent, for your own good, and for mine and everyone else's here as well, I must respectfully turn you down flat. The title lacks the word "rich" lol. Nice try Jules lol.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Uncle Larry, fancy buying me a nice PA and a large space as well as the requisite sound treatment? It would be a great Christmas present right now.