Uncle Larry needs you...

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
I think that once a member hits the 5,000 post mark, they should be able to get a custom title. Just my thought on the matter...

One more vote for Larry.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good!

Looks good?

Love the lobster, got to do something about the kit though ;)

Andy...thats perfect.Being of German heritage,I should have thought of it,but I'm glad you did..Prost.:)

Steve B
Glad you like that Steve. I think it suits Larry perfectly. He is the numero uno blues cat around these parts after all :)

I think that once a member hits the 5,000 post mark, they should be able to get a custom title. Just my thought on the matter...
& of course Caddy, has bugger all relation to your current post count whatsoever ;) ;) ;)

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
You'll always be Sir Wump-a-lot, to me mate.........or perhaps Your Cadship, in less formal settings. Than again, maybe you're really just plain old Phil after all.

Yeah, add another vote from Pocket. Not quite sure why, but never let it be said I'm a non-conformist.

slowrocker

Silver Member

One more vote for Larry.
That's a good idea. You could have an official online ceremony for them and give then a title. Then people would not be just asking for a title because they saw someone else with one, but they would have to earn one.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
I was thinking "Old Slowhand" would be nice, given that he's always rabbiting on about nailing the click at 40bpm, but Uncle Larry works so I'll go with the peer pressure. Not too far off 10k posts - just a few more Melody / Rhythm type threads could do the trick.

What is it about guys named Larry? Seems like they're always bright, charming, witty, well-spoken, attractive, talented... there's just something about guys named Larry.
The qualities of Larries (plural?) might be compensation for having a name of great distinction - "Laurence" - yet choosing to be called by a name almost entirely devoid of gravitas like "Larry".

Also, don't forget Larryz!

To throw a curved ball, I've always referred to Larry as the forum bluesmeister. The Bluesmeister has an eloquence & authority to it I think. That said, Uncle Larry has a comforting "everyone's best friend" vibe to it.
Andy ... 10,000+ posts and no special title? C'mon lad, I well know the joy of nurturing a healthy inferiority complex but even you have to admit that you have more than paid your dues ;-) I guess Uncle Andy is out ... the Gurufather?

At the very least you could be a "diamond member" ...

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Quote from the bestseller, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff - and it's all small stuff"
12. Let Others Be "Right" Most of the Time

One of the most important questions you can ever ask yourself is, "Do I want to be right - or do I want to be happy?". Many times, the two are mutually exclusive!

Being right, defending your positions, takes an enormous amount of mental energy and often alienates us from the people in our lives. Needing to be right-or needing someone else to be wrong - encourages others to become defensive, and puts pressure on us to keep defending ....
Time to put this piece of uncommon common sense into practice ...

But I thought we agreed Larries, was to be the plural?
Jules, indeed we did. Thank you so much for the correction and have a lovely day.

;-)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Andy ... 10,000+ posts and no special title? C'mon lad, I well know the joy of nurturing a healthy inferiority complex but even you have to admit that you have more than paid your dues ;-) I guess Uncle Andy is out ... the Gurufather?

At the very least you could be a "diamond member" ...
Really, I'm happy in my shell :) Anyhow, you've got more posts in than me, so how about something for you ;)

Larry, time to bring this to ground mate. Your call, make a decision, then we can lobby with one voice :) I'm coming out on this, my fave is The Bluesmeister. It's got a deserved regal vibe, & describes Larry's status here, but if Uncle Larry is the chosen one (figuratively), I'll taunt him just the same ;)

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
12. Let Others Be "Right" Most of the Time

One of the most important questions you can ever ask yourself is, "Do I want to be right - or do I want to be happy?". Many times, the two are mutually exclusive!

Being right, defending your positions, takes an enormous amount of mental energy and often alienates us from the people in our lives. Needing to be right-or needing someone else to be wrong - encourages others to become defensive, and puts pressure on us to keep defending ....
I want to be nice... and happy, much more important than being "right" in my eyes :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I could be really rock and roll and refuse the title.....Don't want to be a sell out...

KIDDING!

I've secretly coveted titled members, I admit that. I am not familiar with all this positive attention. There are too many titles for everyone to agree on....Bluesmeister, while that secretly thrills me, is outwardly a little pretentious and off putting . Uncle Larry is more accessible but it smacks of the kind of guy that surrounds himself with kids and says "I got a dollar in my pockets!"

How did a lobster ever get tied to Larry? I must have missed that movie. If you guys could reach a majority vote, I'm in, but you guys are all over the map confusing things.

Blues lover is a non threatening title.

MaryO

Platinum Member
Uncle Larry is more accessible but it smacks of the kind of guy that surrounds himself with kids and says "I got a dollar in my pockets!"
LOL...That's exactly what I meant when I said calling you Uncle Larry made me feel just a little skeezy!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
.Bluesmeister, while that secretly thrills me, is outwardly a little pretentious and off putting .
Ok then, I think it's important to get Blues into your title. It's what you are, you breathe the damn stuff, so:

The Blues Man
The Blues Brother
Blues Man
Blues Brother
Mr. Blues
Muddy Larry

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I don't know. I do like the Blues angle. I see him more as The Professor. When I see Larry's posts, I think to myself, "The Professor has spoken", or I see him as the Seeker (who searches low and high). He looks under chairs, looks under tables, tries to find the answer to 50 million fables...

A

Anthony Amodeo

I think we need to reel in the reigns here and get back to a nice simple ....uncle Larry