UK National Drum Fair this weekend.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
guys, I'm off to the National Drum Fair in the morning, so won't be chiming in now until next week. TBH, we've had a torrid time recently, & preparing for this show has been difficult for us. That said, if you're a Brit, & you fancy some drummy goodness this weekend, get your arses down to the show. Great acts, some wonderful stalls, & of course - myself + Dean + a few Guru kits & snares for you to try :)

http://ukdrumfair.com/

The NDF is fairly big band & jazz orientated, & the exhibition is certainly leaning heavily towards vintage drums, but there's something there for everyone, & a good relaxed atmosphere. Great for picking up those difficult to find drum parts too :)

Juniper

Gold Member
guys, I'm off to the National Drum Fair in the morning, so won't be chiming in now until next week. TBH, we've had a torrid time recently, & preparing for this show has been difficult for us. That said, if you're a Brit, & you fancy some drummy goodness this weekend, get your arses down to the show. Great acts, some wonderful stalls, & of course - myself + Dean + a few Guru kits & snares for you to try :)

http://ukdrumfair.com/

The NDF is fairly big band & jazz orientated, & the exhibition is certainly leaning heavily towards vintage drums, but there's something there for everyone, & a good relaxed atmosphere. Great for picking up those difficult to find drum parts too :)
I would love to but it falls on the better half's mothers birthday so I have had to miss out each time (although ill try asking again given we'll be back home in Gloucestershire)

Would love to take my vintage 1963 premier kit up there to display one year, when it's eventually restored to its former glory.

Really kicking myself on not seeing one of Eric Delany's last performances in recent years but one mustn't grumble given on why I have to miss it each year.

Have fun!

Magenta

Platinum Member
Just wondering how I can possibly sell this to Mr Madge, given that LDS is only a couple of weeks away ...

I'm sure it will all go well for you, my dear, and I hope you have a great time.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I would love to but it falls on the better half's mothers birthday so I have had to miss out each time (although ill try asking again given we'll be back home in Gloucestershire)

Would love to take my vintage 1963 premier kit up there to display one year, when it's eventually restored to its former glory.

Really kicking myself on not seeing one of Eric Delany's last performances in recent years but one mustn't grumble given on why I have to miss it each year.

Have fun!
What! Your mother in law has two birthdays??? The NDF runs both Saturday & Sunday. Gloucestershire? 1 hour up the motorway & you're there!!! I expect to see you ;)

Juniper

Gold Member
What! Your mother in law has two birthdays??? The NDF runs both Saturday & Sunday. Gloucestershire? 1 hour up the motorway & you're there!!! I expect to see you ;)
Haha, only there on the Sunday and Saturday is being spent on my last training session for my next half marathon, which is next weekend. Valid reason ; )

Although, if I do a morning 13mile run on the Saturday then I'll ask the partner very nicely (we live about 3hours drive from B'mingham currently)

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Just wondering how I can possibly sell this to Mr Madge, given that LDS is only a couple of weeks away ...
Tell him his "extras" will be severely curtailed ;) ;) ;)

(we live about 3hours drive from B'mingham currently)
Have they moved Gloucestershire to Penzance? Do you drive a model T? ;) ;) ;)

Seriously, if you can make it, it's worth spending a few hours there. Are you coming to the LDS, or do you have a pressing hair dressing appointment? :)

Juniper

Gold Member
Sorry, I should probably explain.

We live in south Hampshire but both born and raised in Gloucestershire. If we were to leave our house and head to Birmingham it would take about 3 hours so its a bit of a round trip,

Tempted though!

Juniper

Gold Member
Ah, that explains it :) LDS?

You need a chaperone? Worry not, we'll all see you at the LDS :)
Yes, it's me on the LDS thread asking about a post show pass. ; )

Thankfully it's the weekend after my half marathon so no training needed (and no birthdays either)