Trying to contact Tama to change my Kit!

arthurk1

Hey guys, I am trying to figure out how to email tama, since their site isn't user friendly for that to change the lugs and rims on my 11 piece 1983 Imperialstar kit to black Grandstar lugs like Lars had on his old white kit. Any help on this in any way would be great. Thanks, Arthur

m1ck

Google "powder coating [your city]" and see what you find. Chrome and blasting shops usually do it. Or use your yellow pages. Find a chrome plating shop and if they don't do it, they'll tell you who in town does.

Appealing to Tama may be a long and ultimately fruitless errand.

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
They are differant but I serously doubt TAMA still has any Granstar Lugs left to sell.

Powder Coating is the way to go if you want to change your lugs to black. I did a 6 piece kit, all parts, lugs, hoops, spurs and claws and the total was $150.00

Matt

I don't know if this is still the right e-mail address, but you used to be able to ask questions at Customerservice@hoshinousa.com. I would also suggest going to Tama's forum at http://www.tama.com/forum, and sending a message to the moderators there. Also, with Tama you will probably have to primarily work through a dealer like Guitar Center, rather than trying to deal with them directly.

Muckster

Platinum Member
They don't make Granstar lugs anymore, they are discontinued. Best bet is to keep an eye out on Ebay.

arthurk1

Thanks guys! Since it is an 11 piece kit, it would take a lot of lugs. The powdercoat idea is probably the best one. Thanks, Arthur