Traded DW for Tama

Beam Me Up Scotty

Silver Member
Gotta love Tama. I have a set of Starclassic Maples, and I gotta say, they're definitely a kit to keep for life.

Congrats on the new (and stunning) B/B.

Cheers!

Dirtysticks

Gorgeous drums. I'm glad that you got the sound that you want!

No DW doesn't need to go away! Sound is subjective, so no everyone isn't gonna love the DW sound, but also everyone isn't gonna love the Tama sound, or the Pearl sound, or the Gretsch sound, and so on. I used to work in a drum shop and I saw many people sell and trade their Tama kits and get DW drums (and other brands for that matter). Every drummer has a sound in their head, and for some it really is DW. I used to have a DW kit and it sounded amazing, but I sold it because I liked the sound of birch drums better, not because they were bad.

v.zarate

Gold Member
Gorgeous drums. I'm glad that you got the sound that you want!

No DW doesn't need to go away! Sound is subjective, so no everyone isn't gonna love the DW sound, but also everyone isn't gonna love the Tama sound, or the Pearl sound, or the Gretsch sound, and so on. I used to work in a drum shop and I saw many people sell and trade their Tama kits and get DW drums (and other brands for that matter). Every drummer has a sound in their head, and for some it really is DW. I used to have a DW kit and it sounded amazing, but I sold it because I liked the sound of birch drums better, not because they were bad.
i got DW and i got Birch ;-)

steadypocket

Gold Member
Congrats on the incredible drums. I own a Collector's maple kit but to my ears, my Tama bubinga and B/B kits sound superior. The Tama bubingas are my ideal sound.