[Too Much Shell Resonance?]

flrs

Well, your premise that this being a custom kit means it must be capable of a wide range of tuning is fundamentally flawed. Why does that have to be the case? If anything custom gear tends to be more sound specific by design. Even if it was not by design, some kits just have one thing they do well. Custom kits are no different.
Actually, I never said that "custom kit" equals "capable of a wide range of tuning". I'm just surprised that---if some are correct that it's just a matter of incorrect tuning---it seems to have *no* range of tuning. It doesn't have to be a wide range. Just *a* range, you know?

We've tuned a lot of drums. This is just the first time that we potentially have drums that have to be tuned one specific way...or else they sound bad.

AudioWonderland

Silver Member
Actually, I never said that "custom kit" equals "capable of a wide range of tuning". I'm just surprised that---if some are correct that it's just a matter of incorrect tuning---it seems to have *no* range of tuning. It doesn't have to be a wide range. Just *a* range, you know?

We've tuned a lot of drums. This is just the first time that we potentially have drums that have to be tuned one specific way...or else they sound bad.
Whether you specifically said it or not you clearly have expectations of this kit because they are custom.