Tommy Igoe's "groove essentials" poster?

ssdaven

Hi All,

I'm watching Tommy Igoes DVD "Groove Essentials" DVD right now, and he keeps mentioning a groove essentials poster. The poster seems important, and something I should know about. So, I've turned to you, the DrummerWorld community for insight.. is this poster something I could ask for at a music store? Have any of you used it, and gained successes / enjoyment in learning drums with it? Any insight would be appreciated :)

A little background.. I'm a new drummer, 6 months in, and I've been taking lessons for about a month now. I've now started watching random videos, Groove Essentials being one of those.

jeffwj

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I'm watching Tommy Igoes DVD "Groove Essentials" DVD right now, and he keeps mentioning a groove essentials poster. The poster seems important, and something I should know about. So, I've turned to you, the DrummerWorld community for insight.. is this poster something I could ask for at a music store? Have any of you used it, and gained successes / enjoyment in learning drums with it? Any insight would be appreciated :)

A little background.. I'm a new drummer, 6 months in, and I've been taking lessons for about a month now. I've now started watching random videos, Groove Essentials being one of those.
Did you buy the DVD? The DVD comes with the poster in the DVD container.

Jeff

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Have you got the dvd? The poster is in it....at least it should be.

It's basically just a wall chart of the grooves contained in the dvd. 47 of them in all according to mine.

ssdaven

Ah that makes sense =) I will not lie, I have pirated the DVD..at least I am honest I suppose. I really like the DVD, I think I will go purchase it along witht the Jojo Mayer one!

Thanks very much for the links to the other thread.. I will check that out!

To discuss further.. have any of you personally learned from this DVD?

aaajn

Silver Member
Ah that makes sense =) I will not lie, I have pirated the DVD..at least I am honest I suppose. I really like the DVD, I think I will go purchase it along witht the Jojo Mayer one!

Yea Man, buy the DVD. It's worth it.

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
Did you buy the DVD? The DVD comes with the poster in the DVD container.

Jeff
When I read you post, I was going to make a joke and say people today don't buy anything. At least he's honest about it? There's nothing honest about it. They can't afford the $30.00 on amazon.com.

Sopranos

You are honest about being dishonest? Classic.

There is no excuse for this... of course the DVD is worth BUYING. You would know this by simply spending some time on youtube or vic firth to see samples of the DVD... plenty of demo footage already out there to know if you should buy it without having to rip it off.

Don't give drummers a bad name, please. You're taking lessons? I'm sure you can scratch up $20 for a DVD.

ssdaven

ssdaven

You are honest about being dishonest? Classic.

There is no excuse for this... of course the DVD is worth BUYING. You would know this by simply spending some time on youtube or vic firth to see samples of the DVD... plenty of demo footage already out there to know if you should buy it without having to rip it off.

Don't give drummers a bad name, please. You're taking lessons? I'm sure you can scratch up $20 for a DVD.
Thanks for the good advice. I'll be more careful when attending LANS and sharing files with others and vice versa - as a software developer, it's somewhat in my nature, something I'll have to consider when interacting within other communities.

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
Thanks for the link - I might as well get the full package, DVD to go with the book / lessons.
It's on amazon for 27.00 bucks with the DVD, free shipping. It is more than worth it. I am actually working on my Samba and Mozambique with it right now. I've been using it for years, you know, you have to come back to that stuff and go over it again and again making it better. There are also some good grooves you can do to develop you feet. For $27.00 it is a real bargain.

ssdaven

It's on amazon for 27.00 bucks with the DVD, free shipping. It is more than worth it. I am actually working on my Samba and Mozambique with it right now. I've been using it for years, you know, you have to come back to that stuff and go over it again and again making it better. There are also some good grooves you can do to develop you feet. For $27.00 it is a real bargain.
Delta, do you recommend I get the original groove essentials as well as 2.0, or just get the original for now? They both look pretty awesome, but I didn't know about 2.0 until now.

Sopranos

As you mentioned you are relatively new to drumming so I would recommend that you tackled GE 1.0 first. The second installment is more of the same (not same material) in that it continues, more or less, with more complex grooves, etc. So I HIGHLY recommend both, however, there is no real need to even open 2.0 until you are somewhat comfortable with the first edition.

No question that its worth the money though.

haroldo_psf

If you pirated the DVD, chances are you didn't get the CD that comes with it (there are two discs in the package) which includes all the hundred something play along tracks...

Well worth it.

ssdaven

I've just placed an order on Amazon for the full package, less than 30 dollars for the DVD, CD and poster! Quite the deal.

the_dude

If you blow this photo up large enough you can pirate 1/2 of the second Groove Essentials poster.
Sorry just 'effin with ya!

Attachments