Tommy Igoe Groove Essentials .2.0

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
I cannot download the tunes onto my Itunes for portable use. I thought it was because it was copyright protected; but a friend of mine tells me that it can be done. I may have a defective cd, any thoughts?

I cannot download the tunes onto my Itunes for portable use. I thought it was because it was copyright protected; but a friend of mine tells me that it can be done. I may have a defective cd, any thoughts?
if the cd is showing up on your desktop and you can play the tracks right from the CD, then it's not a CD problem. Make sure you have all appropriate permissions in itunes set for your profile to add and remove music. if your using a shared library, i've seen this be an issue for people trying to add music from a disc.

when I imported mine, i just dragged the cd image off the desktop directly onto my main music library window. Then itunes just imported each track from the disc. Did you try that?

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
Yes. I am not getting the usual icon when I put the CD in, the one under the Genius bar where you can actually access the CD. This isn't a CD, so that may be the issue.

brady

Platinum Member
So you have the DVD then? You'll need to get the book/CD pack to get the MP3s. It should load just as percusmann said.

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
No, I have the CD. I bought it when it first came out. I can play the CD, which is really some kind of a CD-R, isn't it? So that it can hold three hours of music. It doesn't play in a portable CD machine.

I am wondering if when the book first came out, they had a security lock on the CD-R, and then later versions they may have done away with that because of the need for the music to be portable.

I actually have the tunes listed in my itunes. But they are not playable without the CD-R inserted into my computer.

brady

Platinum Member
I haven't heard of this with 2.0. I have the first GE and the CD played fine on my computer; and I was able to pul offl the MP3s without any issues.
I'm curious to know if there are a lot of instances like this with 2.0. I was planning on getting it in a few months.

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
Brady,

Well, I 'd assume I'm the only one whose had this problem. I don't remember how I downloaded GE 1.0. I don't remember it being a problem; but perhaps I downloaded it the same way.

What I needed to do here was copy the CD by right clicking on the icon Groove Essentials in the middle LH of the screen that pops up when you insert the CD into your player. Create a file in My Documents into which to copy those files. Then manually import it into Itunes through the Add Folder icon under Files.

I think I have issues with itunes, which I never liked so they come up when I have to deal with it. But now that I have a nano and Ipod, I really don't have another choice.

Piece of cake, well, once you know what you're doing. :p

Wavelength

Platinum Member
Yeah, the CD included isn't an audio CD, but a data CD containing the tracks as MP3s. You just need to drag them into iTunes from the disc.

hatholdinharold5

I was just now having the problem. I just took the files and copied them into a new file on my computer and then put it on itunes, that should work.