Todd Sucherman class

BruceW

I had the good fortune to get to go to a master class taught by Todd Sucherman last night, and all I can say is WOW! What a great experience, and Todd is a class act. He is an amazing player, and just as amazing in his teaching style. Very engaging, easy to listen/watch, and to be able to follow the discussion.

Now if I can process even a fraction of what he was showing us, and strive to implement it...

BruceW

Ah, you were at Mark's Music in Maine I take it.
Indeed :)

Mark is a friend. He's done a few different clinics over the last few years (he is a drummer himself), which is a very cool thing for a small town like ours. Todd did a regular auditorium-style clinic last year when Styx was playing in town, this year he came in special, just for this. (I missed last years due a gig.)

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I know Mark, though I've never been to Maine, We've hung out at many NAMM shows, we know a lot of the same people, and our kids are similar ages.

rhumbagirl

Went to Todd's masterclass last year where I picked up his ride cymbal hand technique. Vic's drumshop in Chicago as part of the Drum Fantasy Camp. Two drumsets in the front of a small room, one for him and one for a brave "volunteer". Had a blast and yes, he is super easy to follow and super fun too.

BruceW

Went to Todd's masterclass last year where I picked up his ride cymbal hand technique. Vic's drumshop in Chicago as part of the Drum Fantasy Camp. Two drumsets in the front of a small room, one for him and one for a brave "volunteer". Had a blast and yes, he is super easy to follow and super fun too.
I'm hoping that i can start to pick up that ride technique, as well as the hi-hat one. Old dogs and new tricks, ya know :) Same deal, two kits in a small room, 20 students. The "introduce yourself and give me 16 bars" put us all in a panic, it was comical.

Great night.

Mastiff

I'm in the midst of his Drumeo "Rock Master Class". I have to admit I barely recognized his name before this, but his technique is simply incredible. He is a pretty good teacher despite his advanced skills. He does skate the line between being inspiring and demoralizing with how easy he makes things look though ;).

BruceW

I'm in the midst of his Drumeo "Rock Master Class". I have to admit I barely recognized his name before this, but his technique is simply incredible. He is a pretty good teacher despite his advanced skills. He does skate the line between being inspiring and demoralizing with how easy he makes things look though ;).
Its even more amazing from 20' away... :)

And he really does communicate his thoughts well, a good teacher...even to those well below his station. I'm hoping to get organized someday to do the Drumeo series at home.