Timbale Books

Leedy2

Hi All

does anyone know of any great beginners timbale books ??

Neal

One of the best books on timbales is the ''Humberto Morales how to play Latin American rhythm istruments ,by Henry Adler and Humberto Morales'' it is the most complete book out there . Then you also have Victor Rendon's book another well written book. most of the book written are just copies one from the Morales - Adler book

Nealio1987

Hi there , is the notation easy to understand ? I have read a couple of timbale books and it seems that it would be a job understanding the text and notation before picking up sticks .. thanks for the reoply , Nealios

Leedy2

Hi there , is the notation easy to understand ? I have read a couple of timbale books and it seems that it would be a job understanding the text and notation before picking up sticks .. thanks for the reoply , Nealios

Hi Nealio
The understanding of any drum book or to say any music book can be a bit hard to understand if you are not aware of the value of musical notations. In the the book understanding Latin rhythms you find Notions other than what drum to hit ,bell's and other parts of the drum and that what you have to memorize to understand the book.

For example ; A note over which the letter W is placed means to strike the center of small drum or small timbales with the right or left stick . Or the letter X means to hit center of large drum or timbales.

Once you memorize all these codes it will become easy to under stand how to read and understand the book.

Leedy2

yeah i know what you mean ... I will invest in this book soon :)
This book is considered The bible of timbales playing. Once you have this book and have cleared it then you will understand other books out there. Most of every book written is a copy from this book authors of other book have just copied bits and pieces from this book. I am currently retired, but as a student of Henry Adler in the 60's I learned a lot from him and this book and I know you will with a bit of tutorial.