Thoughts needed on this deal

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Well it hasn't gone. Tempted to view it, hear it and then make a lower offer. Dunno.

My heart is set on a Meridian Maple in the long run, but that HD does look nice. GAH! Plus I like the extra pro feature in the die cast hoops.

£400 would make it a bit sweeter I think.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Well it hasn't gone. Tempted to view it, hear it and then make a lower offer. Dunno.

My heart is set on a Meridian Maple in the long run, but that HD does look nice. GAH! Plus I like the extra pro feature in the die cast hoops.

£400 would make it a bit sweeter I think.
Cast hoops have monetary value, but they're a sound choice thing, not a better than thing. If you want more focus to your sound = less open, then cast is a good choice. if you want more sustain, & a more transparent/open sound, then go for triple flange or S hoop. Non are better than the others, just different.

It's a good price, so if it's no big deal to go & try it, where's the harm?

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Well he does state that he'll listen to offers.The seller isn't clear about the hardware though.I know cymbals aren't included,but is the price for a shell pack only?They are great sounding drums,but I'm partial to birch,and Tama,so you won't get much objectivity out of me.Make a reasonable counter offer after clearing up exactly what you're getting in the deal.Start with 410.Its not an insulting offer,and it gives you a little wiggle room.Cheers.

Steve B.

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Stands are included (message seller).

Kit is 6.5x10, 7x12, 14x16, 20x22 and 6x13.

Is it bad form to try and get £400? I'd have to go in lower to get to that. I dunno, would going from 400 to get to 450 be more appropriate?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
You offer 400, he says 500 or no, or 450. You say 425. as you show him the cash he says ok.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
When I am selling something I already know that I will go below the asking price when an offer comes in.
A buyer standing in front of me with cash in hand is not something that I dismiss easily.
"A Bird In The Hand" if you will.

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Hmmm...

If going to look at a kit what do you do? Play with tuning? Inspect edges and hoops roundness? Obviously all this can take quite a while, is it reasonable to expect the chance to do all this?

I've not been to check out a used kit before =/

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Just take your time and make small talk with the owner while you are looking in depth at everything that you can see...
Have him demonstrate the kit so that you can hear it.
Then play the kit yourself.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Just take your time and make small talk with the owner while you are looking in depth at everything that you can see...
Have him demonstrate the kit so that you can hear it.
Then play the kit yourself.
+1 on what BOB says.Keep the conversation light,and humerous if you can.Humor can be very disarming.Have cash in hand,and keep in mind,that any and all defects,translates into pounds you will have to spend to fix.Those pounds get deducted from the sale price.Remember to bring your "poker face".Cheers

Steve B

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Frustrated update: After days and days of trying to get hold of the guy I finally get a reply to the effect of 'I've sold it and someone is picking it up sunday.'

Very frustrating!

Living in the area I do this kind of thing coming up within a reasonable distance is really rare. I'll kept my an eye out for any other opportunities...