The ulitmate cymbal placement

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Wow...I'll never get those 10 seconds back.I don't know what was worse,the cymbal set up or the band.I guess you can't convince some people to accept substance over style.......or whatever that was.

Steve B

keep it simple

Platinum Member
What a dickhead!

"Cymbal angles" thread anyone? :)

That video would have been complete if it featured a picture in picture of his base drum petal technique, lol.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Geez, talk about an uncomfortable kit, not only the cymbals are at a ridiculous height, but the snare and toms are not much better, except for the bass drum and the hi-hat, this kit is a perfect recipe for bad posture and destroying your back, phew, that's pretty bad, this guy's gonna have trouble if he keeps playing like that.

The key about drum placement is to eliminate all source of tension, it's also crucial not to raise your arms above shoulder's height, as this will inevitably leads to shoulder and back pain, we have a world champion of what you shouldn't do as far as setting up your kit.

I could use this vid in my thread about back pain, as a perfect example of what you shouldn't do when setting up your kit.

... just watching this guy play, I feel the pain, lol.

@Andy: Flower power :)

MikeM

Platinum Member
Well, if you had trouble with rushing into the "1" at the end of a fill, that might be one way to cure it.

Sorry, that's the best I could come up with...

Arky

Platinum Member
This cymbal setup is soooo... plain stupid. Is that drummer serious? He didn't have a teacher, did he??

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
When you are trying to be cool, common sense is shut out of the equation. The toms are also too dang high.

alparrott

Platinum Member
if the song grooved and everything sounded good, I would be all like, "well, it's a showmanship angle". But not so much. Whatever possessed him? Just because you can... doesn't mean you should.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
What the heck was that? He missed a couple cymbal grabs. I wonder why? Wow....just wow....if only the band sounded good. That was just a disaster zone.

more like Dork Fury....

tamadrm

Platinum Member
You just can't fix stupid.I wonder if he has a problem with keyholing?If not,he will soon enough,and then he'll post a thread here...."All my symbols have keyholes....help!!!!!!!":)

Steve B

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Well, if you had trouble with rushing into the "1" at the end of a fill, that might be one way to cure it.

Sorry, that's the best I could come up with...
OK, ^ THAT made me laugh.

On the bright side, I don't feel so bad about my playing anymore. haha.

SticksEasy

This can't be the way he actually plays. I think this was just a gimmic surely. There's no way this could be comfortable.