The tune-bot: my thoughts so far!

Magenta

Platinum Member
Thanks for that, I'll watch the videos and try again, once my blood pressure is back to normal!

T

TwoCables

Thanks for that, I'll watch the videos and try again, once my blood pressure is back to normal!
It'll be alright, you'll see. Once you see these ideas demonstrated and discussed, the tune-bot will be even easier to use.

I would even looking up "tune-bot" on YouTube because there are a few more good videos to see. ;) Although, I felt that these two are the best, especially the one that's 10:22 long. Yeah, I originally typed "7:22", but it was a brain fart. :)

Magenta

Platinum Member
It work, it work! Drums tuned beautifully in a matter of minutes! I had seen both videos but didn't quite "twig" until I tuned along with Geoff Fry.

Thank you, I am really happy!

TColumbia37

Silver Member
I can attest to this great product. I just picked one up over the weekend, and it's fantastic.

Is the Tune-Bot becoming the new Mapex Saturn? You know, the greatest thing to ever exist?

T

TwoCables

It work, it work! Drums tuned beautifully in a matter of minutes! I had seen both videos but didn't quite "twig" until I tuned along with Geoff Fry.

Thank you, I am really happy!
Oh sweet! Awesome!

Magenta, I'm genuinely very happy for you!

Yeah, Geoff-Fry's review was probably the most helpful tune-bot video on YouTube for me.

I can attest to this great product. I just picked one up over the weekend, and it's fantastic.

Is the Tune-Bot becoming the new Mapex Saturn? You know, the greatest thing to ever exist?
For me, that would be the DW Collector's Series. haha :p

Evans says "Tune in to the revolution" regarding their new Level 360. Well, I'd like to say that about the tune-bot!

Haha!

It really is a great product, but I'm just waiting for the guy who finds a way turn every thread into a Tune-Bot thread
Yeah, where did he go?

sam13

Not sure if this has been covered already, but when you change the batteries, do you lose your saved setting?

Redbeard

Can anyone think of a reason why a snare would be harder to tune than toms? I tuned my toms up as quickly as anyone on the videos and they sound great (went a little higher than usual for more tone), but I spent probably an hour messing with my 14x6.5 snare particularly the snare side head.

TColumbia37

Silver Member
Can anyone think of a reason why a snare would be harder to tune than toms? I tuned my toms up as quickly as anyone on the videos and they sound great (went a little higher than usual for more tone), but I spent probably an hour messing with my 14x6.5 snare particularly the snare side head.
I find that sometimes the Tune-Bot picks up overtones even when in filter mode. What I do to help with that, is I just throw a moongel right on the center of the head while I'm matching the lugs to pitch. It gives it a more accurate reading without the extra tones ringing through.

Yeah, where did he go?
HEY

Where'd YOU go?!

Redbeard

Thanks. I had a little better luck with a couple of snares today, but they still take twice as long as a tom. I don't know if it's the shallow depth or thinner heads on the snares, but I seem to get a lot more false readings than with the toms for some reason.
Oh well, I haven't even had the Tunebot a week yet so I'm still learning new tricks. Overall I'm really diggin' it so far.