the Truth

A

Anthony Amodeo

forgive me if you have seen this before

just thought some would get a kick out of it

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
That's made the rounds for a while and is based on an even older 'joke'.

But I applaud the guys who play to the max... they keep me working! And that's not a joke!!

Bermuda

topgun2021

Gold Member
What if the scenario was that the music was actually extremely complicated and the first guy actually played the music not for note and the other guy could not play the music note for note but played that simple beat?

Something to think about.

harryconway

Platinum Member
What if the scenario was that the music was actually extremely complicated and the first guy actually played the music not for note and the other guy could not play the music note for note but played that simple beat?

What's to think about? A situation like that "might" appear, in your life, maybe. Has it? Famous example would be Terry Bozzio nailing Zappa's "Black Page"........ but how many real life opportunities pop up where that is the case? Where a "Black Page" type drum part is necessary? Needed? Wanted?​

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member

It hasn't happened so far in 35+ years of pro playing, so I guess I dodged that bullet. :)

Bermuda

topgun2021

Gold Member
What's to think about? A situation like that "might" appear, in your life, maybe. Has it? Famous example would be Terry Bozzio nailing Zappa's "Black Page"........ but how many real life opportunities pop up where that is the case? Where a "Black Page" type drum part is necessary? Needed? Wanted?​
I was joking (hopefully that was obvious). The only time my scenario probably happened in the last 100 years was the Dream Theatre auditions.

areFish

Silver Member
There is an interesting tid-bit on Vinnie Colaiuta's Wikipedia page in regard to him sight reading a complex piece called Mo 'N Herbs Vacation. Adjusting glasses, turning pages, eating sushi...entertaining story.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Seen it many times, but it's a great cartoon. I love how the producer doesn't dis the hotshot. He appreciates the skill, but he just doesn't need it for the role.

So, if you want to go pro and people tell you you're amazing, is that cause for concern? :)

Toolate

Platinum Member
The journey is long and treacherous my son but the rewards are too great to fathom. I predict it will be many moons before your booms and baps can exist in harmony. Many moons....