The Soulless

They were called Ignominious Incarceration but they changed it because they thought the name was hard to remember or just difficult for the fans. Personally, I thought it was waaaaayyyy better. But it's all good.

Sam Bailey. He's another, and like many drummers out there.. just plain and simply good.
Check out his band. If yah want.. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en0aCKXu1NE

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Good, I thought this was going to be another thread of people TALKING SMACK about the Ray Conniff Singers. Glad to hear II is changing their name to something more appropriate. I never did understand the "ignominious" part, since that word basically means "giddy with delight." In the original latin it meant specifically girlish delight, but in modern usage it can apply to vaguely effeminate males as well. I was frankly pretty stunned that they didn't look it up before using it. Great band.

Good, I thought this was going to be another thread of people TALKING SMACK about the Ray Conniff Singers. Glad to hear II is changing their name to something more appropriate. I never did understand the "ignominious" part, since that word basically means "giddy with delight." In the original latin it meant specifically girlish delight, but in modern usage it can apply to vaguely effeminate males as well. I was frankly pretty stunned that they didn't look it up before using it. Great band.
Hmm never thought about that or looking up that word, it just sounded legit.. for me that is. But I didn't know that. And hope 'The Soulless' works out for them. Haha talking smack.. nahh.. just gotta kick back. No point in that. But glad you liked it.

Mm ever heard of Animals as Leaders?? If not.. then.. daaamm.. you should. =P
I think everyone should!!

Check it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfzWpp0hMc

M

mediocrefunkybeat

Nintendo 8-Bit guitar tone: £1,500.
Collective cost of tattoos: £2,000.
Cliched synchronised headbanging: Priceless.

For everything else, there's Ukulele.

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Ignominious is from the latin ignominiosus, meaning 'disgraceful'. A modern definition would be something like 'deserving or causing public disgrace or shame', as in ignominious defeat.

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Ignominious is from the latin ignominiosus, meaning 'disgraceful'. A modern definition would be something like 'deserving or causing public disgrace or shame', as in ignominious defeat.
You got me. I just thought it would be funny if a metal band accidentally used a word meaning "giddy with girlish delight" in their name.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
You got me. I just thought it would be funny if a metal band accidentally used a word meaning "giddy with girlish delight" in their name.
Which in itself would make them feel as though they were "deserving or causing public disgrace or shame" ... just one degree of separation.

Fuo

Platinum Member
Nintendo 8-Bit guitar tone: £1,500.
Collective cost of tattoos: £2,000.
Cliched synchronised headbanging: Priceless.

For everything else, there's Ukulele.
haha.. esp funny 'cause i think the singer in the 1st vid is wearing a Zelda tshirt.