The ''Right'' Way To Set Up Your Kit

topgun2021

Gold Member
Re: What annoys you on peoples drum sets?

Right on brother!

Couldn't agree more.

I bet some of you are reading this thread feeling all superior and than someone posts something they don't like and you go and readjust your kit.
I think you do not understand the point of the thread and are a little thin skinned. I seriously doubt you have never looked at someone's kit and thought to yourself, "I am not a fan of how [whatever drum thing] is set up, if it was me I would set it up in a different fashion." or 'There is no way I could get comfortable on that."

I have an issue with lots of drum companies not showing love for the 6' 4" drummers. Hardware is sometimes to short and my feet are too big for most pedals!

I don't like how some tom stands that sit on the bass drum can't be moved towards you more and that seriously limits it's move-ability.

I am tall, so low set ups annoy me.

Vampire Weekend's drummer's set up makes me cringe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIV9xvLzEg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa9Ry7BxTJk

Last edited:

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Re: What annoys you on peoples drum sets?

I have an issue with lots of drum companies not showing love for the 6' 4" drummers. Hardware is sometimes to short and my feet are too big for most pedals!

I don't like how some tom stands that sit on the bass drum can't be moved towards you more and that seriously limits it's move-ability.
+1 to this!

I don't have the cash to splash on a longboard pedal, though I'd love one for my size 14s!

Don't get me wrong, I can play a standard footboard, but I can't help but think it'd just be a little easier on a longer footboard!

I also have trouble with BD mounted toms - I experiment with it occassionally but I can only really get comfortable with a seperate tom stand. I am quite interested in some of the new Tama BD tom mounts that slide forward for more varied set up opportunities.

yesdog

Silver Member
Talking about other peoples set ups ? Don't be griping about how your drumming has not improved. It seems a lot of you guys are spending way to much time on D.W. instead of woodshedding.