The Rev died today

BENANEB

A7X was a great band... I was shocked when I heard about this. Just got done jamming to Bat Country on City of Evil. RIP The Reverend

LeeLovesSabian

Silver Member
I always thought that he was one of those really technical drummers, combining speed and complexity. He really made there records sound full.

I beleive its "Bat Country", the song where I just say....DAMN! That was cool.

Sad, Sad day in drummerworld.

D

DSCRAPRE

I feel the loss....He was a great drummer and he died too early...

If find it curious that many before saying what a loss had to first mention that they disliked or hated Avenged Sevenfold's music....

I can understand the "didn't know the music or band"....

the point is we just lost a fellow drummer.....regardless of preferences....
I see where you are coming from on that.

pbloxam

I feel the loss....He was a great drummer and he died too early...

If find it curious that many before saying what a loss had to first mention that they disliked or hated Avenged Sevenfold's music....

I can understand the "didn't know the music or band"....

the point is we just lost a fellow drummer.....regardless of preferences....

W

wy yung

So sad to see this news. A young death is a terrible thing.

jonescrusher

Pioneer Member
I mean if he died of a heart attack, yah that may have been a natural cause of death, but what caused him to have the heart attack. Somone at his age typically just don't have heart attacks. Do you kind of get what I'm saying?
Typically no, but it does happen more often than most people think. 'Natural causes' refers to anything not accidental/murder/suicide, so presumably a post-mortem showed that it wasn't a coke induced heart attack. Genetically weak heart?

Buddy9832

it were probably natural causes, but that doesnt mean he couldn't have prevented it. Theyre just saying it wasn't murder/suicide :)

rip.
I'm not implying murder or suicide. But I just don't consider someone mysteriously dieing at the age of 28 natural. These days most people live to be at least in their mid 70's.

I mean if he died of a heart attack, yah that may have been a natural cause of death, but what caused him to have the heart attack. Somone at his age typically just don't have heart attacks. Do you kind of get what I'm saying?

fugazi

It sucks that he died. But I highly doubt he died of natural causes. That's just to easy to say, especially someone at his age. There must be something else behind this, maybe like some people have been saying, its due to drug use or past drug use.
it were probably natural causes, but that doesnt mean he couldn't have prevented it. Theyre just saying it wasn't murder/suicide :)

rip.

D

DSCRAPRE

Never listened to AX7 in the least but it's always sad when a young drummer is lost. Don't do drugs, people. The rush just isn't worth it...

Buddy9832

It sucks that he died. But I highly doubt he died of natural causes. That's just to easy to say, especially someone at his age. There must be something else behind this, maybe like some people have been saying, its due to drug use or past drug use.

bpumpkin

Wow, I'm kind of shocked right now after reading this. I can't stand AX7's music, but he was a very good drummer. Very sad. R.I.P. :(

what the funk of it

I just lost a brother under similar circumstances. It pains me to hear about another gone. All the best to the family and friends during this hard time...

jkrisner

This has not been a good year for drummers.

City of Evil was a really good album drum-wise. A7X were fans of Dream Theater and was apparent on some of their tracks.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I like a7x because of the cool drums in there tunes that really too bad. You can only ride that train so long.

So many talented people have been took out way too young because of this,what a shame.

RIP

Bonzolead

JAKD-UP

That sucks! I liked A7X stuff...especially the newer stuff. Not only was he a good drummer but a good singer/screamer also. And I quote..."Drugs are bad mmmkay".

schist

Silver Member
Never did like Avenged Sevenfold in the least, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. R.I.P.

joeysnare

Silver Member
wow im really shocked by this, i never followed a7x's career really so i never knew the backstory, a damn shame a good drummer like that had to go so soon.