the Drummerworld movie cast

opentune

Platinum Member
Over time one develops an image from online exchanges. So if I were to cast the Drummerworld Movie, these are the characters. If you've been left off, sorry, I don't have an image of everybody, mostly the more common posters in last while. If you're offended, apologies, no harm intended, its only a message board. Its not in any order.

I suppose if you enjoy any of this silly exercise , add another username/image in the cast.

Bernhard – started the whole spiel, the grandmaster flash
Bermuda – supermoderator, a logical calming voice in controversy, with a warehouse of drums
Dogbreath – another moderator, but his breath is likely normal
Larryace – name is larry, an ace drummer, and a regular ‘columnist’ (with new topic every Saturday)
Gvddadrummasum – the cool jazz cat, uber-experienced, and connected
Tamadrm – the Wiki of drums, and wants to buried with his Tama superstars
JohnPloughman - the Wiki of Rogers drums
Nuthajason – champion of drummers rights, uberexcited about drumming, super voice for narration
BacteriumFendYoke - the eclectic one, well read, the researcher
AnonLaPly – a mystic? most philosophical drummer here. they call her Polly, or Grea or...
Keep it Simple – a Guru of drum science, literally and figuratively, best avatar
BoEder – arguably the most cheerful voice of DW, avid buyer/seller of many drums/cymbals
Pocket Fullof Gold – wins most lighthearted award, a calming voice in controversy,
wildbill – name is Bill
wildbil – name is also Bill, but above username was taken
Caddywumpus – can’t figure this name out
bobdadruma – every sentence deserves a new line (likes the return button)
8mile – wishes to swing to jazz but must play other bands, another calming voice
HarryConway – Mr. Helpful; refurbished more drums than anybody here, name is Harry
Bandit – infamous “Sticks” of yore, a former gunslinger on DW? but has become more harmonious
Deathmetalconga - best username; an agreeable contrarian, world percussion expert
ConStruct – played with Muddy, wants an airport, does not suffer fools, so don’t say the wrong thing!
audiotech- audio expert, of course, wins award for far neatest, cleanest, arranged drums and studio
Gruntersdad – an avid online windowshopper and mayor, with a son named Gunter(not Grunter)? call him Papa Gretsch
Kona – call him Uncle Gretsch, some connection to Hawaii
Larryz – name is larry, no relation to larry ace
Lurker - remains a lurker
Daisy - reads the forum, is a bordeline lurker, but recently coaxed out
MaryO – name is Mary, no relation to Daisy
Bull – loves Ludwig
KarlCrafton – loudest drummer here, plays big cymbals only
Drumolator – enjoys his peace

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Yea, You are correct, I like to put one sentence on one line.
I try to adjust the length of my sentences to fit on one line whenever possible.
I notice that many other posters do this too.
I do this with email also.

I have a mental condition that precipitates my being this way.
My so called, "Mental Affliction" actually helps me play music because of my attention to detail.
It also helps me to perform my day job as an automotive repair tech.

opentune

Platinum Member
Yea, You are correct, I like to put one sentence on one line.
I try to adjust the length of my sentences to fit on one line whenever possible.
I notice that many other posters do this too.
I do this with email also.

I have a mental condition that precipitates my being this way.
My so called, "Mental Affliction" actually helps me play music because of my attention to detail.
It also helps me to perform my day job as an automotive repair tech.
bob - Thats cool. No harm meant. For me your format is very easy to read. Very clear and with authority.

J- if curious it is certainly a comedy. I mostly laugh on this site, at all the things said, exchanged.

Next will be to assign actors to each person.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
bob - Thats cool. No harm meant. For me your format is very easy to read. Very clear and with authority.
I wasn't offended. I have been the way that I am for 55 years.
Look, I put two sentences on one line!
Lets see how long I can leave this post up without changing it. :)

wombat

AnonLaPly – a mystic? most philosophical drummer here. they call her Polly, or Grea or..
AnonLaPly is a lady cockroach ? Crickey !! I had visions of "Anon" being like Gilbert Sheltons "King of the Cockroaches" President-Commander-Pope Swellguy. (from the fad freddys cat cartoons)

Indeed I envisaged him ( noe apparently her) welcoming members thus !!

Aeolian

Platinum Member
"AnonLaPly – a mystic? most philosophical drummer here. they call her Polly, or Grea or..."

Also, defender of the punk. When things get too cerebral.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
That movie would go straight to video lol.

What engaging storyline could possibly involve 50 different drummers? Solve that and it may have a shot!

Pretty cool opentune.

You left out yourself. Cmon now, clue us in to your character....And while I'm at it, isn't opentune a reference to guitaring? Are you a spy? :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
DrumEatDrum: The inside source on drum gear as it relates to the retail end of things.

And Construct didn't play with Muddy. He played at Muddy. This is a non fiction, right?

opentune

Platinum Member
Damn I did forget Dr Watso!!...how could I?....he's was makes it so funny.

I had to cut short partly because I was BBQing and burned my steak over that list. Never do internet and anything else at the same time .

You're right 50 characters is too many, UNLESS it were a film like Best in Show or Nashville, with parallel running stories.

opentune - drums tuned wide open, no muffling, moongel.

But no clues to my character, as somebody else has to do that. See, its about online impressions. It could be arrogant pr*ck? tpyographical dork? lol

con struct

Platinum Member
DrumEatDrum: The inside source on drum gear as it relates to the retail end of things.

And Construct didn't play with Muddy. He played at Muddy. This is a non fiction, right?
I played for Muddy on the harmonica, backstage in the dressing room.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Agreed you played for him. But you have to admit, when someone says they played for someone, it seriously implies that they were in his band. So yes, I agree you did play for him, but illustrating my point, opentune thought you played with him as evident in his description of you. Just clarifying that you were never in Muddy's band.