The Beatles

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Today, Feb.9th 1964, the Beatles made their Ed Sullivan TV show debut.
Rock on.

Zleyba alert!!! Don't read this :)

I was 12 in 1964. My Dad worked at an appliance/electronics wholesaler and we always had the latest gear, like color TV :)

I actually had a pair of headphones on, listening to the AM radio when I first heard The Beatles.

The instant I heard Them, it was like a switch went off. Decades later I realized it was the harmonies that hooked me.

I also immediately noticed that they were playing live and that a lot of the audience can't clap in time :)

Good times.

I was 11, I was glued to the old b&w t.v. The girls screaming, the music. I was hooked, thank you Beatles.

If you look at the body of work and the musical boundaries they pushed to the limit, then consider they did all that in just seven years!!!! Astonishing.

Love the Beatles, wish I'd have been alive when they were together!

My father in law saw them in London, he lived near one of the venues all the British invasion bands played i.e The Hollies, The Who, Dave Clark 5 etc.

My mom was in the fan club and had all the e.ps up til around 1965 as well as the autographs. Never found them at my granddad's house, found the Bee Gees though and The Monkees stuff!

Even proposed at Strawberry Fields. For those of you that haven't been there's no Strawberries and it's definitely not a field! My first pressing of the White Album in mono is still my pride and joy!

Love the Beatles, wish I'd have been alive when they were together!

My father in law saw them in London, he lived near one of the venues all the British invasion bands played i.e The Hollies, The Who, Dave Clark 5 etc.

My mom was in the fan club and had all the e.ps up til around 1965 as well as the autographs. Never found them at my granddad's house, found the Bee Gees though and The Monkees stuff!

Even proposed at Strawberry Fields. For those of you that haven't been there's no Strawberries and it's definitely not a field! My first pressing of the White Album in mono is still my pride and joy!

Ha Ha, nice. Yes, it is or was an institution, I believe.

I have about 10 Beatles songs that I love. A bunch more that I don't like.
However, when I need to remember the BPM of a song, so that I can count it off to start the band playing, I usually write down the name of a Beatle song.
I have a list of 50 Beatles songs and the associated BPM.

For instance last night I had to count off Bear Footin'. In my notes I had written "Today Is Your Birthday". And I instantly knew the groove.

If you look at the body of work and the musical boundaries they pushed to the limit, then consider they did all that in just seven years!!!! Astonishing.

Like creating their masterpiece "Revolver" while they were in their mid 20s.

Like creating their masterpiece "Revolver" while they were in their mid 20s.

Yep I agree, Revolver and Rubber Soul are my favorite Beatles albums, so ground breaking at the time. Every track a masterpiece.

Zleyba alert!!! Don't read this :)

I was 12 in 1964. My Dad worked at an appliance/electronics wholesaler and we always had the latest gear, like color TV :)

I actually had a pair of headphones on, listening to the AM radio when I first heard The Beatles.

The instant I heard Them, it was like a switch went off. Decades later I realized it was the harmonies that hooked me.

I also immediately noticed that they were playing live and that a lot of the audience can't clap in time :)

Good times.

ok, i didn't read it

Ha Ha, nice. Yes, it is or was an institution, I believe.

It was an orphanage then a children's home.

There's just the set of gates on the side of a road, Lennon must have been off his tits when he wrote that song!

It's just round the corner from his Aunt Mimi's house which is about as middle class as it gets.....working class hero my arse!

It was an orphanage then a children's home.

There's just the set of gates on the side of a road, Lennon must have been off his tits when he wrote that song!

It's just round the corner from his Aunt Mimi's house which is about as middle class as it gets.....working class hero my arse!

Ooooh, bitter, bitter? He said "A working class hero is something to be" he didnt even say he was one, even though he was. Auntie? so what? I have an Auntie who is minted, its her money not mine.

Back