That Paiste gong...

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Thanks Flap, interesting. That's a pretty big pie - a sub contrabass cymbal? :)

The guy's demo was disappointing, though. The beast had a great rumble but I was waiting for him to really give it good smack and open it up fully but instead he kept pottering about, tapping the other gongs.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
We have a deal with Paiste at Disney and for one rock star event they shipped us out an 80" gong like that - we were smart about it though - we brought the whole crate in with a forklift!

After I warmed it up I gave it the explosive crack everyone yearns to do. And you know the thing was still quietly ringing four hours later!

AtomicFlapjack

We have a deal with Paiste at Disney and for one rock star event they shipped us out an 80" gong like that - we were smart about it though - we brought the whole crate in with a forklift!

After I warmed it up I gave it the explosive crack everyone yearns to do. And you know the thing was still quietly ringing four hours later!
Ha, like Pol said I wish he would have demo'd a big hit. A quick google reveals it costs just $23,000 from one website, so I might just have to purchase one myself to see what it sounds like when you really hit it ;)