Tempo change - happens to the best

Mart61

Silver Member
I saw the keyboard player making a couple of downward pointing motions. Perhaps he was signalling to take the tempo down a little, thus the tempo change may have been deliberate rather than a drift?

Dutch

I saw the keyboard player making a couple of downward pointing motions. Perhaps he was signalling to take the tempo down a little, thus the tempo change may have been deliberate rather than a drift?
Agree, just didn't know that happens at that level of playing as well... Too often those shows are so perfect that you wonder how they do it..

Dutch

Mart61

Silver Member
Agree, just didn't know that happens at that level of playing as well... Too often those shows are so perfect that you wonder how they do it..

Dutch
Well I may be wrong. I guess it depends on how much rehearsal time was had. I think you're right in assuming there was no click track. Either that or the clickmeister messed up.

:)

drum4fun27302

Gold Member
Looks like the drummer counted it off too fast. Keyboard pointed down and they all adjusted.didn't take long and it was just the intro. As long as the tempo is right when the lead singers come in , they are good to go.

Fur drummer

Pioneer Member
They probably only had about a week to rehearse. Not only did the tempo slow down, the music got softer.

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
There was a tempo change, but I'm sure it was hardly noticed by the audience.

The thing I noticed was that for the first few beats the bass and keyboard were not together with the drums. The back beat was in the wrong place.
I think the drums started on the wrong beat. The keyboard player was signaling that they were off.
Good thing the keyboard and the bass player changed up and followed the drummer. That is how real professional musicians quickly take care of a problem.