Tapes by Ringo Starr's first band found

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Henri, I get the food and drink. Please note :)

How do you arrange drinks between Americans, Brits, French and Aussies. I suggest a location fairly central to everyone like, say, Brisbane :)

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Ha! ...he does indeed, but did you notice that he's got some set aside for ME :) :) :) ...and none for you... (I'm not saying Steve is taking side in this conversation, no... not at all)

Well... that's making sense now :) ...you got me worried for a while, so yeah, seen from that angle Rick Astley works... or Rebecca Black, lol.

Thanks Steve I appreciate the gesture, I just wish I could drink that beer with you buddy :)

Cheers!
I was thinking on sharing mine with Pol.:). I hope some day we'll share a pint or two,and maybe even invite Andy (KIS)to join us.I forgot the name of both of the better pubs that I patronized when I was in the UK some years ago.The first pub was up the street from the British War Museum.The second was about an hour or so outside of London,and down the road from a Boy Scout camp called Fazels Woods I think.I'll keep playing Lotto...hey....you never know.Cheers.:)

Steve B

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Well Henri, Steve is expecting us to have a popcorn-like exchange.
Ha! ...he does indeed, but did you notice that he's got some set aside for ME :) :) :) ...and none for you... (I'm not saying Steve is taking side in this conversation, no... not at all)

I'll start by saying that posting the Rick Astley was my equivalent of living in a first storey flat, seeing some rowdies arguing on the street below and throwing a tub of fish oil on them ;)
Well... that's making sense now :) ...you got me worried for a while, so yeah, seen from that angle Rick Astley works... or Rebecca Black, lol.

NOW it's popcorn time.....I have some set aside for you with a little salt and a pint Henri.:)

Steve B
Thanks Steve I appreciate the gesture, I just wish I could drink that beer with you buddy :)

Cheers!

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Geez Grea, are you sure that this song will heal the discord in this thread? ...I'm not sure, I despise it, it represent everything I dislike in top 40 music, even it was a big hit at the time...
Well Henri, Steve is expecting us to have a popcorn-like exchange.

I'll start by saying that posting the Rick Astley was my equivalent of living in a first storey flat, seeing some rowdies arguing on the street below and throwing a tub of fish oil on them ;)

Even Vinnie could not save that track lol

Hey Larry, since you're interested in the tapes, I've checked out a few Rory Storm tunes in YT and it's hard to get too excited - I much prefer early Beatles. Be interesting to hear how Ring played pre-Beatles though.

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
NOTE: How to lose credibility 101.

Make uneducated negative comments about a drummer who has sold in excess of 100,000.000 units.
So, making uneducated positive comments of course builds credibility?

Pffft. Outside of this forum, my opinions reflect the popular opinion of the drummer whose name I will not mention, but who has sold 100,000,000 units. Credibility is so relative.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Geez Grea, are you sure that this song will heal the discord in this thread? ...I'm not sure, I despise it, it represent everything I dislike in top 40 music, even it was a big hit at the time...

...this one is from the same artist, still top 40 stuff, but at least Vinnie Colaiuta makes it bearable, the drum outro is nice, and the title works in the context of this thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBbAxXSpiaA

... but really, why the discord... it's so easy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk ...the Starr at the end say it himself :))
NOW it's popcorn time.....I have some set aside for you with a little salt and a pint Henri.:)

Steve B

W

wy yung

NOTE: How to lose credibility 101.

Make uneducated negative comments about a drummer who has sold in excess of 100,000.000 units.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Oh dear, discord arrives at this land of rhythmic concordance.

Let us tap into the healing powers of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGS8re8cIVI

...this one is from the same artist, still top 40 stuff, but at least Vinnie Colaiuta makes it bearable, the drum outro is nice, and the title works in the context of this thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBbAxXSpiaA

... but really, why the discord... it's so easy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk ...the Starr at the end say it himself :))

A

Anthony Amodeo

DMC

I love your consistency

dont listen to these folks...(not like you would)......I love reading your thoughts on Ringo
.....and the defensive replies they induce

never fails to bring out emotions

even though I do not share your opinion of Richard.......I love the way you so passive aggressively knock the man by complimenting him

such message board perfection

keep it up Conga

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Goldring is just bored because nobody has posted on his little forum for three weeks. I think I could answer every thread on there with 'Cool Story, Bro.' anyhow. It's really quite tragic.

Glenn - you got banned for a very good reason. You can't play nicely with other people and leave no room for dissenting opinions. I'm not opposed to other opinions contrary to my own, not at all - I welcome them. My issue with you is that you don't know how to respect opposing viewpoints and you seem to have the social skills of a three year-old that hasn't been taught to share. The vast majority of people on here are quite capable of a reasonable discussion (exceptions noted) on most topics and tend to stay out of those in which they can't have a reasoned discussion. I'm not sure I've ever seen that from you.

That and the constant attention-seeking and need for validation and I see you as the drumming equivalent of that annoying kid in the classroom that nobody really wants to talk to.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Which is exactly how the regulars on this site defend Ringo, if someone has anything bad to say about him. Maybe it is just human nature to defend people that really had a strong effluence on your drumming life. Then I usually got called all sorts of bad names, then got banned for no reason. Strange how that worked! :) Glass houses people! Quick Duncan, run and tell the mods!
My god that's funny......not in the least the bold part.

Talk about predictability Sticksy. Welcome back mate.....and no doubt good-bye at the same time.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Exactly. We should all block each other and that way none of us would ever be criticized. Genius.

1. I really don't know what your problem is, and really don't care. I will just ignore you until you can get this Apple obsession out of your head. I used to like your posts on different subjects but recently you have become a bore.

2. That's a cop out. You take every thread I comment on lately and turn it into an Apple issue. That was nothing but an attack on me. Where is your IQ score? Afraid to embarrass yourself.
To be a joke there must be some sort of reference to what is going on. Me being below in IQ, false and has nothing to do with this thread and neither does Apple. That was not an attempt at a joke but a blatant attack on me and I don't appreciate it. But likeI said I will just ignore you until you get over your issues. Nothing but negative threads anymore and I don't get it.

3. It's not important. I'll just move on.

the above three PM's are the only three I have ever sent DMC and I dont see any mention of genitals. BUt again I will move on and let him sulk like a 12 year old

Last edited:

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
Wow. Just wow. Great point Mr. Mayor. Too bad it wasn't seen by the intended. Preferring to be ignorant is...wow. Just wow.
After he directed at me some creepy comments about genitals, I decided to block him and stop reading his PMs to me. If more people blocked each other, things would work much better I think! If he chooses to read my posts, he does so at his own peril.