Tama StageStar £££?

IoloE

How much do you guys think I would get for a Tama Stagestar, it's about 5 years old it has Evans G2 coated on the toms and a Remo Ambassador on the snare. I have a 13'' Paiste 101 hi hat and a 14'' Paiste PST3 crash a 10'' PST3 splash 20'' 101 ride and a 18'' Paiste PST3 china.

13SnareDrum
10Tom
12Tom
14Floor Tom
18BassDrum

How much do you think I will get for that? The kit sounds good if you put it in the right acoustic, the cymbals are fairly crap but they would do for a beginners.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I have one, It is a good kit and it does sound great.
I bought the shells used for $180USD about 2 years ago.
Your countries value may vary.

Why did you post the thread twice. I also see it under heads ans sticks.
You can move your thread if you post it in the wrong place.

Last edited:

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Condition is everything.They are 5 years old,with entry level cymbals....in this market 350-450 US maybe.Its really a buyers market and prices fluctuate daily.

Steve B

IoloE

I think the cymbals are about 3 years old just to add to the information. The condition is very good I would say, the only reason I want rid of it is because It's small and I'm tall and I feel like I'm kind of to tall to play it plus the kick is a bit week, this could all be sorted but I just want a new kit if I'm honest.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I think the cymbals are about 3 years old just to add to the information. The condition is very good I would say, the only reason I want rid of it is because It's small and I'm tall and I feel like I'm kind of to tall to play it plus the kick is a bit week, this could all be sorted but I just want a new kit if I'm honest.
I think that being honest is to say that you want a new kit. :)
Thats fine!
I am 5 foot 11 inches tall and I play my Stagestar with no problem. I use a 2 inch riser (lifter) for the bass drum so that my full size pedals will work properly.
I use my Stagestar for band practice. We practice Rock, Blues, and Country music in a small room and the Stagestar is perfect for the job. I actually look forward to playing the kit each week at practice because that is the only time that I play it. I use a 5,5x13 Black Panther maple snare with it and it really pops nice.

You may want to get a new kit and keep your Stagestar as a second kit?

IoloE

I was going to use the money I get from selling it for the new kit. How much do you put in the bass drum in the way of dampening?