Tama Artstar II/Custom vs Starclassic Maple

Invicta

Just an update on this thread. I ultimately decided to buy Tama Artstar II's. I am having them all rewrapped to gloss back. I found two very rare bass drums and the shells are thicker (more powerful) than the starclassic maples which works great because I play aggressive music AND I don't care about stuff like tom suspension mounts and crap like that. I am not into anything fancy. I just like straight up powerful YET full sounding drums so I ultimately went with what I feel like are legendary hard rock/metal drums built in the times of walls of Marshalls and low tech no frills aggressive music.

Sizes:
Bass drums: 22x18, 24x18 (yes both are 18" deep which are pretty rare but I managed to find them)
Rack toms: 10x10, 12x11
Floor tom: 16x16
Snare: Artstar II black wrapped 14x6.5 w/ black nickel hardware and diecast hoops
Hardware: all tama iron cobra and road pro

Later down the road I could put starclassic mounting systems on if I wanted but drums were good enough for 100+ years without that and they're good enough for me now. I'll post pictures when the rewrapping is all done.

Artstar

Platinum Member
Just an update on this thread. I ultimately decided to buy Tama Artstar II's. I am having them all rewrapped to gloss back. I found two very rare bass drums and the shells are thicker (more powerful) than the starclassic maples which works great because I play aggressive music AND I don't care about stuff like tom suspension mounts and crap like that. I am not into anything fancy. I just like straight up powerful YET full sounding drums so I ultimately went with what I feel like are legendary hard rock/metal drums built in the times of walls of Marshalls and low tech no frills aggressive music.

Sizes:
Bass drums: 22x18, 24x18 (yes both are 18" deep which are pretty rare but I managed to find them)
Snare: Artstar II black wrapped 14x6.5 w/ black nickel hardware and diecast hoops

Later down the road I could put starclassic mounting systems on if I wanted but drums were good enough for 100+ years without that and they're good enough for me now. I'll post pictures when the rewrapping is all done.
Wow very cool.. I highly recommend 2 ply batter's like a Pinstripe, Emperor or Hydraulic for this shell.... I tried with several single ply and they just would'nt light up like I knew they could.. and I actually had mine on RIMS. but you can see how they do without.

Road Bull

Silver Member

Sizes:

Congrats! I can't wait to see the finished product man! I think you will enjoy them quite a bit.