Swish knocker

makinao

Silver Member
I would gladly take it. While they may not fit all purposes, they are so unique that you will eventually find a specific use for them.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
For some here that would be a Holy Grail gift! I wish I had purchased a Swish Knocker back in the day when I had a chance. It was on my list, but I had other gear priorities and limited funds at the time.

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
It's a great cymbal. A FANTASTIC gift!

They make them again, and they are pretty darn close to what the older ones were.

Years ago, I got one of the the last remaining SK's. It was a Brilliant, and had no rivets!!! It was 100% a SK.
It had the stamp Swish Knocker on it and everything, but no rivets (!!). Not sure what the deal was, but they only had 3 Swish knockers in the entire factory left (because it was discontinued), and that's what they were.

They need to bring back the 20" Swish!!

vyacheslav

The Swish Knocker has 20 rivets, which is 14 too many. The old Swish cymbals had 6 and it was perfect. They need to make them in smaller sizes and with 6 rivets. 20 rivets just kills the resonance and sustain.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
I have two vintage swish cymbals; a 22" (with 8 rivets) and a 20" (with 6 rivets) and they're both fantastic cymbals. I totally agree that the current 20-rivet version is overkill.