Sound shield help

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So the new sound system and lighting is in at our church and man does it thump and rock!!
we had our first test run with it yesterday and up went a sound shield. Now I know this debate has been had here before but I absolutely HATE those things, they look horrible from an aesthetic stand point and make me fell like a display at the zoo and feel disconnected from the congregation. I don't have a choice, either suck it up and play or don't play. Well I love to play so for now I'm sucking it up and playing

Now that I got that off my chest

The one that is up is an old one we had and it's scratched, hazed and looks horrible. My question is do any of you know of a clear shield system that uses 3ft or 4ft wide (not tall) panels instead of the usual two foot wide panels? Also, and I've never seen this, any that have an anti glare coating on them?

alparrott

Platinum Member
When I look at the ClearSonic website (they are nearly the monopoly in drum shield manufacturers) - no. Their standard is 2 foot panels and they simply connect them in larger packages. They appear to have two grades of plexiglass, and the higher grade might be a little less prone to scratching.

You could always contact them for a quote for fabrication, but it might get a bit expensive on a worship team budget. You might instead use the hinge and acoustic panels a la carte from them, and simply source the plexiglass separately from elsewhere.

konaboy

Pioneer Member
When I look at the ClearSonic website (they are nearly the monopoly in drum shield manufacturers) - no. Their standard is 2 foot panels and they simply connect them in larger packages. They appear to have two grades of plexiglass, and the higher grade might be a little less prone to scratching.

You could always contact them for a quote for fabrication, but it might get a bit expensive on a worship team budget. You might instead use the hinge and acoustic panels a la carte from them, and simply source the plexiglass separately from elsewhere.
I just sent ClearSonic an email to see what they say.

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Said they could do it but it would be at least twice the price of a standard 5 panel shield! OUCH!! Don't see that in the budget :-(