Sound Proofing -Raising The Kit

cwignall

Hi All

I am currently drafting plans to build a platform with some kind of sound proofed wooden wall around it in my garage.

I have been advised that raising the kit off the floor will reduce bass and sound emissions. but i was wondering if the legs that support the platform will still transmit the bass and sound into the floor? if it does am i right in thinking that it will still be better than having the kit on the floor?

thanks

cwignall

Fantastic thanks for that link!

I wasnt being lazy and not searching...altho i didnt this time round but over the years every one had said "get it off the floor" but i thought surely the bass would still travel through the legs...that was all i was confirming. ill search now like and that tennis ball platform could well be what im looking for.

thanks

dairyairman

Platinum Member
is it really worth the effort to build a tennis ball platform? usually people go to that length when they're in an apartment with neighbors below them. i assume there are no neighbors below your garage and that it has a concrete floor. maybe just a rug would be good enough for that part of it.

cwignall

suppose your right...

just want to do all i can...although feedback has said its just for impact any way and not for bass.

i could just build the walls around it so i can play with out pads --- thats the ultimate goal you see