Sound Bonham would die for

imispgh

Ever listen to the drums on Gov't Mule's Mighty High?

Amazing sounding and I don't think he hits a tom once

Yes it's a remix by them and a bit over processed and produced but this kit sounds like a musical bulldozer.

Try So Ram, So Strong and Unthrow that Spear first

(Another song that has my vote for best sounding drum kit ever is on Xavier Rudd's Black Water. Amazing sounding in tone, size and location)

TTNW

Pioneer Member
I am definitely a fan of Gov't Mule.

I saw them in Atlanta about 2 years ago. Matt Abts drum sound was very big and powerful. He played a lot of double bass licks in certain songs and the sound was massive. He got a great sound out of those Pearls.

The whole band works with really good sound engineers and producers.

imispgh

I am definitely a fan of Gov't Mule.

I saw them in Atlanta about 2 years ago. Matt Abts drum sound was very big and powerful. He played a lot of double bass licks in certain songs and the sound was massive. He got a great sound out of those Pearls.

The whole band works with really good sound engineers and producers.
Agreed. I am a bit of a high end stereo buff and I believe their stuff sounds great. That proves rock bands can sound good and not compress the hell out of themselves. (Though Mighty High is a heavily processed remix album. Obviously that is called for with the remix sound they were going for)

bonzolead

Platinum Member
similar but not the same IMO, if i'm not mistaken but i believe he uses Slingerland's not very many drummers nowadays uses them...sweet tone though.

Bonzolead