Somebody please buy these kiddies some drums

konaboy

Pioneer Member
It's the same thing that's been done for years by STOMP. I'm not sure where they said they can't afford gear, (at least in the clip you posted) they said they could get more gear with the $250K for their school. to me that's what makes them stand out, the uniqueness. I've seen guys do incredible things with plastic 5 gallon buckets.

carder

It's the same thing that's been done for years by STOMP. I'm not sure where they said they can't afford gear, (at least in the clip you posted) they said they could get more gear with the $250K for their school. to me that's what makes them stand out, the uniqueness. I've seen guys do incredible things with plastic 5 gallon buckets.
Thanks for taking time to read and reply.

Stomp been doing for years - sure they have - what a fantastic production - very inspirational - Don't forget, these are kids are 13 ->16

They've moved to the next round of the comp, they have a routine for that, but if they move to the round after that, then they will need some new drums.... sent a couple of begging letters to drum distributors here in Australia, no joy. Fair enough, they're in the business of selling drums, not giving them away.

cheers

Carder
Brisbane, Australia

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So are you a member of this group?

Here's my thoughts. I have a feeling manufacturers get hundreds of requests for donations every day and my gut says they probably donate quite a bit of money every year to music programs throughout the world. However looking at it from the manufacturers point of view I don't know that donating drums for kids to win a TV competition would be my number one priority, that would be helping the underprivileged music programs and inner city programs.

Here's where some effort on these kids part comes into play.

1. approach another local school system in your area and ask they would be willing to allow them to use their drums for this show. Or maybe even a local drum corps if there is one around.

2. Do some fundraising.

3. Contact some local businesses, large corporations and philanthropists and ask for donations from them. People are usually more willing to donate to a local cause to support their area and schools in their area.

My guess is time is short on this so option one would be the quickest of the bunch.

The kids have some talent no doubt and I wish them the best!!

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Wow....excellent.Very nice job.I agree about the fundraising,but i'm sure there must be as in the States,grant money available,or even commercial endorcement as long as you advertise your sponsor,like with football jerseys.Keep posting updates and best of luck with those talented kids.

Steve B