Some random questions :D

LessThanJen

So.. I have a Pearl SS and it's sorta a weird size... it's like 13" x 5 3/4 almost?...

Anyway.

I don't like the sound of the generic heads so I was going to get a remo black x, or remo black suede batter head... but honestly I can't tell the difference. xD

As for resonant head... I'm not sure yet. What reso would go well with black x/black suede?

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
You only get three choices for a snare side head, right? A diplomat, ambassador, or an emperor snare side. Get the regular ambassador snare side head with your choice of top head and report back ;)

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Are you taking the measurements with the hoops on or off? The correct way to measure a shell is from bearing edge to bearing edge....not from hoop to hoop.

The Remo Black X is a Remo Black Suede. The Black Suede refers to the coating and the heads come in a few of the same weights as other coated or clear Remo models.
Ambassador = single ply, 10 mil.
Emperor = double ply, 7.5mil
Black X = single ply 10 mil with a 3 mil reverse dot.
PS3 = single ply, 10mil with a built in 3 mil dampening ring on the underside.

See here: http://www.remo.com/portal/products/3/8/711/ds_black_suede.html

For a snare reso a 3 mil snare side Ambassador is a good start. Note it is NOT the same as a regular Ambassador. Make sure you specifically ask for a snare side head.

LessThanJen

So I have "Remo hazy ambassador 13" snare side" in my Amazon cart along with "Black x 13" batter head"

I can't believe Black x and Black suede are the same thing! That's crazy, Black suede 13" is like $10 more lol

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Black Suede is the coating.....as opposed to coated or clear or smooth white etc.
Black Suede X is the model.....as opposed to Ambassador or Emperor or PS3 etc.