So another break thread.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
So I guess I've hung around here for close to 5 years. About two years after I started my first full time teaching job where I was supposed to teach drums as well as guitar, bass and various bands. It was hard in the beginning, but I cleaned that place up well. Should have never left that job though as the rest of them have made life more or less a living hell. Next week I'll go to the police and see what can be done about these things, but it's over a long time, diffcult to prove, bla bla bla... We'll just have to see.

Anyway.

To some degree I'm very much an all or nothing knd of guy, so apart from logging in into another forum for 5 mins on Saturdays I'll mostly just go offline for a few months.

Life will be practicing, working out, meditating, sleeping and just a few gigs where I'll be quite less generous with rehearsal time than I usually am.

Now, things are a bit different now, but back when joining this forum I was just a guitar player who had started taking his drum teaching job seriously, living somewhere where lessons on the right level or any at all were hard to come by.

This is the place though, where I was exposed to all sorts of resources beyond the Norwegian small town bullshit and those first DVDs I ordered from Hudson.

This is where I learned to lay. Really. So thanks to all.

The plan is very simple. I'm trying to get into jazz masters drumming degree on my new instrument in Trondheim. Back in school I had some health issues thtprevented me from taking my ear training exam and though that should be a simple procedure dealing with work and eing a very real abuse victim for a long time hasn't helped.

If I don't get in I pretty much have to live almost for free until I can make things happen.

I've lost way more than anyone should, but if I'm gonna make a go of it I pretty much, though very much at an age and put the work in where I think I would deserve a more comfortable way of life, I now have to just move to a town and find that environment that actually gives inspiration and the life of an artist worth living.

I'm that combination of a hard worker, very professional but also very sensitive person. Definetly not cut out for small inland town living where complete lack of any real skill and extreme narcissism is the name of the game. Maybe I care too much, but that's who I am and really also who I want to be.

I love teaching when things work, but I'm also an artist with real things to say. I don't have any other choice but to go for it.

I'm going caveman for a while. It's the only way I'll be able to get through this. Time to put myself first.

Anyway,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

I'll be checking in somewhere down the road.

I'll expect everyone to be playing Guru and INDe drums only and be ready to give all their Gretsch drums away to me for free.

tcspears

Gold Member
Next week I'll go to the police and see what can be done about these things, but it's over a long time, diffcult to prove, bla bla bla... We'll just have to see.
Maybe I'm missing some context, but I can't really tell what happened?? Were you robbed??

Either way, I hope all is well with you, and that you can fix whatever is going on in your life right now.

I just started going back to school for my masters as well, and Jesus Christ, is going back to school difficult! Hard work, but well worth it!

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
I too feel that maybe I've missed something here.

Whatever the case, enjoy your time off the interweb.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Good luck with your down time-Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you-wishing you the best this year.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I can't remember the details, but I do recall you talking about your situation with teaching, and the staff. I wish you the best. I'm all for anyone pursuing their musical goals. Jazz masters, that's way beyond me. I do like to hit things though. We'll see you in the future. Go Arne!

M

Matt Bo Eder

Best of luck on your new endeavors! Have a great holiday!

Smoke

Silver Member
Priorities change - it's a good thing. Get off the grid and listen to Arne for a while. We'll be here when you decide to check back in. Best wishes for a Blessed Christmas and a Fruitful 2017.

It's hard to find something if you don't look for it. Although, I did find a $100 USD bill in a snowbank at the home center last spring. Gave it to my grandkids...

mikel

Platinum Member
" Next week I'll go to the police and see what can be done about these things, but it's over a long time, diffcult to prove, bla bla bla... We'll just have to see." (Quote)

Pardon? I must have missed something here.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Hey man - don't be a stranger.

And don't forget to post pics of your dream Gretsch kit when you get it.

drummer-russ

Gold Member
I wish you well and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. In the end I have confidence you will find the right landing spot.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Wow, thanks for your personal story, wish you all the best in whatever may be coming!
Don't give up and be sure to get back here!

Chollyred

Best wishes Arne! Sometimes we just need a break and a change of scenery. I went through that with a guitar forum I had been in for years. Check back in every now and again and keep us in mind.