Smaller kick drums, smaller foot print kits.

jasonarp

Okay, I know I posted recently on this subject, but I was asking the wrong questions.

Right now, I'm selling my standard sized 5 piece set because I need a smaller foot print for my room.

I'm looking for a 20 or less inch bass, with a 16 or less inch depth. That's my biggest concern. When I store the rest of the drums away, they fit fine, but my 22x16 kick is too big.

I'm look for a classy (not a stupid looking wrap) looking, under or around $700 4 piece kit.

Also, could someone please tell me what's up with this Pearl Vision series? I'm seeing them from $300-$900, and I don't know what's real and not.

Please, post ideas besides the Grestch Jazz kit, because I already have that on my radar. Thanks.

Drifter in the Dark

Silver Member
Yamaha Stage Custom Birch! I got a 5-Piece shell pack
(10x8, 12x9, 14x14 w/legs, 20x17, 14x5.5 snare) for $700, and I couldn't be happier with it. The lacquer finish and bearing edges are flawless, and it has a wide tuning range.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Not to sound silly but is the 2 inches in diameter really going to matter for storage?
Or stacked on its heads is 3 inches in height going to matter? Just wondering.

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
Not to sound silly but is the 2 inches in diameter really going to matter for storage?
Or stacked on its heads is 3 inches in height going to matter? Just wondering.
Those aren't huge differences, but it all adds up.

I used to play out of a 20 by 14 kick and it sounded great.

mind_drummer

Platinum Member
What size is your kit ?

If you have a 14" or 16" floor tom, you could convert it as a bass drum (I'm thinking the Gibraltar R-Class conversion kit) and decrease the space occupied by your 22" bass drum.

jasonarp

Those aren't huge differences, but it all adds up.

I used to play out of a 20 by 14 kick and it sounded great.
Yeah, it really does. The space I have to put away my kit is very limited, and right now its hard to get around in my room, and soon I'm moving to an apartment.

What size is your kit ?

If you have a 14" or 16" floor tom, you could convert it as a bass drum (I'm thinking the Gibraltar R-Class conversion kit) and decrease the space occupied by your 22" bass drum.
I tried that once, but it's time for an upgrade. I've been drumming the last 3 years on a CB set. If you don't know that brand, that should tell you why I need an upgrade.

Does anyone know anything about Visions?