Sites for transcriptions

aboylikedave

Im in a covers band and its taking an eternity transcribing drum parts from originals (although it great for learning). Are there any good websites for finding drumming transcriptions? The usual tab sites don't seem to have much drum stuff.

ChuckSilverman

DW PRO DRUMMER
Im in a covers band and its taking an eternity transcribing drum parts from originals (although it great for learning). Are there any good websites for finding drumming transcriptions? The usual tab sites don't seem to have much drum stuff.
"transcribing drum parts from originals (although it great for learning)" is pretty much how I learned how to play!

Do you know how to write out really "quick and dirty" charts, just like "Intro - xx bars", Verse 1 (groove example xxx bars) Verse 2.....Bridge xxx Bars...Chorus xxxbars...etc.?
I've done too many gigs where I've been given less than a day to learn many songs

mikeray

After many years of creating my own charts for covers, etc., I now have a library of drum charts which are not very detailed but lay out the architecture of a song, how many measures, etc., I'll try to transcribe key fills, grooves, hits, etc., and they're pretty nifty for my own reference. . .I think any transcribing done is great learning. Having said that, anybody got a transcription of Steely Dan's 'Home at Last'. . .I don't have time to figure out and transcribe it (especially the synchopated break) before our rehearsal tomorrow at which I'm supposed to know the song and I'd really like to get those hits right! By the way, Chuck, I love your series of Latin and Afro Cuban books! I've been using them for quite a while and have learned a lot from you. . .thanks a milliion!!