Sina Doering

Patrice B

Searched the forum but didn't found anything about her. If there is already a thread, sorry...

Anyway, I don't know if she does her own material or only covers but I think she has talent, your thoughts?

Two Deep Purple covers:

In this one, she talks about my favorite, Ringo:

There are plenty of covers she does (Genesis, Queen, etc...).

Patrice B

Nursery rhymes... revisited with another point of view:

She even play bass... and drums altogether. I know, not the most complicated drumming but...

Last edited:

HeavyDrums

I've been watching her videos, trying to pick up things, for a while. She can play, no doubt. She nailed Motorhead's Ace of Spades and Toto's Rosanna. Two songs I wish I could play. Never heard her original stuff.

Patrice B

Ok, she's also in a collaborative project with his father, father's friend arranger and a lot of artists/singers/songwriters/... from all around the world. Mainly young artists and the material covers a lot of styles and genres. Some tunes are, in my opinion, better than others (and sometimes I think the sound of her drums doesn't fit some styles... maybe it's just me?).

Refreshing to see youngsters doing something different.

This one is a kind of metal/prog with a drum part involving different meters:

What's up guys? Would an average skilled young drummer get any attention if he hadn't boobs? ;)
There are so many young amateur drummers out there, playing at the same level.

Yes, I definitely like her choice of music more than the typical "teenage" music, but there is nothing spectaculous or creative about her drumming imho. Just another youtube phenomenon...

What makes her kind of special are her presentation skills using all kind of social media, and probably her fathers experience as professional musician, but is that worth mentioning in this board?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Are you asking should she have a listing as drummer here or has anyone mentioned her on a thread? The former-NO the later I'd be surprised if not since so many young male and females get notice. You don't see Casey Cooper listed as a drummer here but I know plenty of threads mention him. There is a distinction between popular, talented, and accomplished in drumming (not that I'm making that distinction here as she may well one day be accomplished enough to be listed here). I like seeing female drummers and I like to see them get the same attention as male drummers (which historically hasn't been the case).

Patrice B

Yes, you're right guys: for now, she's just a YouTube phenomenon. And yes, there is a lot of talented drummers of the same caliber everywhere.

She has to prove herself being a real professional and for now, nothing to write home about: she's part of a real band in Germany called Gäs and even if she's able to play in front of an audience, this band let me a little meh!

I know she's part of the new trend of instant celebrities with a bunch of views on YT... but it doesn't make you an established musician. Just look a the disconnected from reality comments on YT like "she's the best drummer, yada, yada...".

My goal was only to show a young talented drummer that maybe one day, will be in the professional circuit... or fade away, who knows? Also, just to put a little bit of variety in an almost only guys domain known as professional Pop and Rock'n'Roll music... ;)

As a sidenote, we had an artist here back in fall 2018 (an androgyn singer, really provocative with music that was, in my opinion, nothing new). He was considered as "the star", new David Bowie and all this kind of praise and superlative. 6 months later, almost nobody talks about him... He was even bashing the old conservative (in his words) way of doing music... It didn't helped him to make a lot of friends on the local scene for sure...

BTW, I have a colleague here playing drums in the local circuit and she's pretty darn good. It's fun to see a lot more girls behind instruments these days, just not only behind the mic as singer...

Last edited:

Patrice B

And just to add to my last post: Tony Williams, Mike Shrieve, Ringo, to name a few, were already real pros in their twenties (even before for Tony and Mike) so, time will tell for her.

Mongrel

Silver Member
Yes, you're right guys: for now, she's just a YouTube phenomenon. And yes, there is a lot of talented drummers of the same caliber everywhere.

She has to prove herself being a real professional and for now, nothing to write home about: she's part of a real band in Germany called Gäs and even if she's able to play in front of an audience, this band let me a little meh!

I know she's part of the new trend of instant celebrities with a bunch of views on YT... but it doesn't make you an established musician. Just look a the disconnected from reality comments on YT like "she's the best drummer, yada, yada...".

My goal was only to show a young talented drummer that maybe one day, will be in the professional circuit... or fade away, who knows? Also, just to put a little bit of variety in an almost only guys domain known as professional Pop and Rock'n'Roll music... ;)

As a sidenote, we had an artist here back in fall 2018 (an androgyn singer, really provocative with music that was, in my opinion, nothing new). He was considered as "the star", new David Bowie and all this kind of praise and superlative. 6 months later, almost nobody talks about him... He was even bashing the old conservative (in his words) way of doing music... It didn't helped him to make a lot of friends on the local scene for sure...

BTW, I have a colleague here playing drums in the local circuit and she's pretty darn good. It's fun to see a lot more girls behind instruments these days, just not only behind the mic as singer...
Well....we know her right leg works....

:p