Signature snares

tard

Gold Member
I got a Bobby Rock 13x7 brass prototype. Sounds awesome and is the one that was used in the pics for the sales brochure but the plant closed before they went into full production making it very rare.

Last edited:

Boom

Silver Member
I have the steve jordan yamaha 13x6.5 snare. Man is that drum made well. Great tone and lots of pop! Ghost notes love this drum. Or is it this drum loves ghost notes? :)

vtec

I got a Paul Leim 5.5 x 14. I just love chrome and brass lugs together, very pretty and sounds great. Hit it in the middle and it has no ring, very good sweet spot. I got it tuned just right and I like it more than any other snare I have owned.

uniin

Gold Member
i've always wanted a 14x8 vinnie paul snare from DDRUM (the one with the dragons). I've heard one and it's outstanding!

i've also had my eyes on a 13x7 akira jimbo. quite unique sounding. very nice.

Chunkaway

Silver Member
I got a Paul Leim 5.5 x 14. I just love chrome and brass lugs together, very pretty and sounds great. Hit it in the middle and it has no ring, very good sweet spot. I got it tuned just right and I like it more than any other snare I have owned.
I saw a video recently of Paul Leim testing cymbals at Memphis Drum Shop and that snare drum sounded fantastic.

kingy102

I had a Chad Smith sig snare for atleat 4 years, sold it couple of months ago, but as much as I loved it I often found that I got easily bored with the sound and could only get one sound out of it which I enjoyed listening to.

dmacc

Platinum Member
I have a Gretsch 5x14 Vinnie Colaiuta Signature Maple Snare (not the white one) and love it.

My wife purchased for me as a Christmas present when it first came out (about 6-8 years ago) and have been playing it almost exclusively since.

Boom

Silver Member
Wow, Peavey made some darn UGLY drums! Bet that thing is loud as hell though.
Easy goes there, Mister Drums...that poster is Mr. Peavey around here. You might want to comment on people's drums, well, in a kinder light.

tard

Gold Member
Wow, Peavey made some darn UGLY drums! Bet that thing is loud as hell though.
No biggie, after 12 years I love the look of the wooden bridges and now find lugs somewhat unattractive. I originally had a Pearl free floater with the one sided bridge with my Masters kit which is why I gave the radials a fair shake to begin with, after that I just let my ears decide what to buy.

Last edited:

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Akira jimbo + Chad smith. Neither of which I care about since I got my black beauty, but the akira is a very cool snare. Florian do you have any clips of your GH?