sick david garibaldi solo

shadowlorde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us7yp6RqBaM

watch that ..

i've decided to force myself to listen to more funk lately and stumbled across this solo

at 1:21 in dave does a really cool cowbell grove .. i think i figured it out

caps are cowbell lower case are snare.... R-lR--lrLrLLrLrl .. something like that ... hard for me to write in tab .. i prefer real notation

Aeolian

Platinum Member
Back when David played trad grip, he was really frightening with the left hand ghost notes. Had the Buddy Rich thing down cold. Listen to the original Get Your Feet Back On the Ground and hear how he rides the beat with ghost notes on the snare and then plays accents between the hat and rimshots. Sick.

aydee

Platinum Member
Back when David played trad grip, he was really frightening with the left hand ghost notes. Had the Buddy Rich thing down cold. Listen to the original Get Your Feet Back On the Ground and hear how he rides the beat with ghost notes on the snare and then plays accents between the hat and rimshots. Sick.
Yea, David is underrated.

Dennis Chambers who can play anything with one hand tied behind his back thinks that what David played was some of the hardest stuff he ever had to figure out and understand.

Deltadrummer

Platinum Member
I've been working on this tune lately. I worked through the book and come back to this tune again and again. I want to be able to do it smoothly without screwing it up. The groove is classic but I can see he's not doing the written groove here but doing a double high hat thing. I do some of the the grooves left hand lead, which works better because Dave is a lefty playing righty. The cowbell pattern is written out in the Funky Beat.

Stanton Moore's Groove Alchemy also goes into some great ghost note patterns from James Brown grooves with some tough ghost note/accents note patterns. Ya gotta love that stuff!!

utdrummer

Typical Garibaldi...technical, flawless execution and deep groove. The solo was minimal in regards to his overall abilities but still very fitting to the tune he was playing. The background percussion though was distracting.