Show us your "Acrylics"

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Lovin' the snare stands on the toms..\m/ sweet kits all of them the sjc kit is very nice. Wish my picture turn out better ill try to get some better ones this weekend.

Keep swattin Acrylics,
Bonzolead

Zickos

Gold Member
Here's mine in the full 7pc config. I usually play it as just a 5pc or sometimes I make the 18" FT into a BD and play it as a 4pc.

DSCF1098.JPG

Kg_lee

I just got this in July of 2011. I played it all but one month on weekends and haven't touched it since. I love the way it looks but it does not even compare to my maple Ludwigs. I'm considering boxing it up and selling it in 20 years.

mo2vation

Thanks, Bro

Wow. Holy crap. Those are stunning.
Thanks buddy. Continuing my affinity for sparkle kits, I wanted purple sparkle. Material didn't concern me. I wanted a small rock kit, purple sparkle.

I found these on Craigs...very, very clean.

My first acrylic kit. Took a bit to control them, but the toms were massive, and the kick just screamed. SO damn heavy... these are the heaviest drums I've ever carried around.

Played them for about 5 months, then sold them. I'm just not an 18" tom guy. For the music I play, I needed a more melodic kit. This thing was just a flat out, untamed monster that needed to run. I don't play like that.

Its a perfect example of a great kit, but simply the wrong kit for me.

-Ken

kissarmyfreak

My Crush Acrylics
22x18 bass
13x7 snare
10x7 tom
12x8 tom
14x13 floor tom
16x14 floor tom

Along with my set of 9 Saluda Earthworks cymbals & alot of LP noise makers :)

Attachments

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Have had these for a couple of years, gigged and recorded with them as well. One of the best sounding kicks I own! (it's 14x24)

bonzolead

Platinum Member
You could call this the Walking Dead kit, it was way beyond flatline a few years ago.

Luckily, it's alive and kicking now, at 22x13, 13x9, 16x16 with an Acrolite between the legs. Love it!

Very nice looking kits in this thread.
very nice & cool story.

Bonzolead

charliedrummer

Have had these for a couple of years, gigged and recorded with them as well. One of the best sounding kicks I own! (it's 14x24)

One of the things on my bucket list is to one day be able to play a kit like this, even for only hour. I bet it would be a blast. I'm curious, though, did you really use every drum in the kit during the course of a show when you gigged with them back in the day?

poika

Silver Member
very nice & cool story.
Thanks!
It was a lot of work getting these back to shape, but it was most definitely worth it.
The two pics on the bottom is how the bearing edges look now.

Btw, that's a nice lighting thing you got going on there!

Attachments

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Thanks!
It was a lot of work getting these back to shape, but it was most definitely worth it.
The two pics on the bottom is how the bearing edges look now.

Btw, that's a nice lighting thing you got going on there!
thanks & great job btw.