Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

sonor65

Re: Chicago

That's an incredible complete kit. It's a bit heartbreaking I couldn't have gotten to mine before the carnage - great to see some originals! Your chrome doesn't even look pitted..thought that was a bit of a problem on these in humid locales..?

richkenyon

Silver Member
Some shots, no rhyme or reason. FYI I am open to trades on the 5 Star snare

I have a thread over in "General Discussion" about issues with my Sonor Artist snare - featuring the same gold clips as on yours pictured. How long have you had it? Any problems? If you could reply to my tread (Sonor product support issues) over there I would be very grateful.

Beautiful looking kit btw!!

W

wy yung

Here is my 1965 Sonor Teardrop Chicago kit. I bought the kit from the original owner and it cleaned up nicely.
I just love it! I have not heard Sonor kits from that era. How does it compare with equivalent US kits?

monkeesee

Just bought this two Thursdays ago on June 9th, 2011 in a driveway in deep South Jersey. It now lives in Brooklyn.

Sonor Phonics (Plus? — credited to a member named Barry) previously purchased in 1984.

I'll reupload a newer picture with my cymbals and setup once it is cleaned up and ready. Consider this the Before picture.

Sonorous!

Attachments

Hilite

Here some pics from my collection and from Sonor drums I restored, enjoy it!

Champion, wrapped, not original finish

Superchampion, thick shells (9-ply) with round bearing edges, one of the best sounding drums I have ever played, original drumheads!

Performer, nice drums for less money, the best entry level drumset ever made.

Champion acryl, looks better than it sounds...

A red one with customized bearing edges, a great live kit.

Hilite in blackdiamond, a fantastic colour.

Phonic Rosewood with Lite bassdrum

Phonic Rosewood Anniversary, it´s now in New York.

Another beauty...

Phonic Plus in candy apple red.

Phonic Plus in oak veneer, the heavy metal charger

Sonor Signature, a beech monster!

Sonorlite, my favourite Sonor set.

latzanimal

Silver Member
^^^ Awesome kits Hilite. I keep saying someday.. I wish I would have bought a big ol' Phonic plus way back when, they'd at least be paid for by now...

Homeularis

Gold Member
Hilite: What an array of outstanding kits. I'm liking the Super Champion the best.
Very classy, and the Fibreskin is a must.

Mr Slam: Wow, what a knockout. As good as it gets right there.
That 22x20" virgin kick is perfection.

Now I hope you both dont just show off and leave. ;)

Last edited:

Hilite

Hilite: What an array of outstanding kits. I'm liking the Super Champion the best.
Very classy, and the Fibreskin is a must.

Now I hope you both dont just show off and leave. ;)
No, don´t worry, I'd like to share my knowledge about Sonor with other drummers.

And also I'm a big fan of Ludwig, Rogers and Paiste cymbals.

The Superchampion was the mother of the Phonic series, the
toms are very special, they sound a little bit like barking dogs...

@Mr.Slammage
Your walnut brown burst Delite is a wet dream for Sonorholics.

Homeularis

Gold Member
And also I'm a big fan of Ludwig, Rogers and Paiste cymbals.
The Superchampion was the mother of the Phonic series, the
toms are very special, they sound a little bit like barking dogs...
Thanks for stickin around!. The jury's still out about the other guy. ;)

It figures you'ld like Luddies too. Good taste.

I am a fan of Sonor but I cant afford a "real" one. I have a 3007 that is a pretty nice lil kit, especially for $650.
There was a new in boxes 6pc Sonor Delite in Champagne Sparkle for sale for only $2500 OBO round these parts not too long ago. not saying much here, only that I'm bummed I didnt get it.

I got my eyes on a sweet little DW though. Fingers crossed.

Mr.Slammage

Yeah, I'm wrapped with the Walnut Burst finish. I'm getting used to the tuning of a delite as the shells seem to resonate a warmer tone than that of my previous kits;

Force 3007 - Red Burst
S Class Pro - Grained Maple
S Class - Denim (Maple/Birch) - SOLD
HiLite Exclusive - Black & Copper - SOLD

I'm hoping once the heads have stretched a bit and seated nicely to the bearing edge, I'll get a true indication of what I can achieve tonaly with my new Delite.

I've been using the 3007's for gigs, they can be tuned up to sound freakin amazing!

Tyger

Hey Folks, I just joined the Sonor Club today.

I came across a pretty decent deal for a Sonor Force 3007. I was looking at the new Select Force kits that were coming out but I couldn't pass up this deal, there was some extras which I thought were worth getting. I will be selling my early 2000 Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage to help fund this kit.

This is what the kit came with.

• Finish: Autumn Fade
  • Kick 20"
  • Toms 10, 12, 14 Floor tom
  • Snare 14x5.5
  • Snare (Pearl Picolo snare 13x3)
  • All Original Hardware
  • 1ea Extra Supra Boom Stand
  • MP Tambourine Attachment
  • 13" Sabian AA Hi-Hats
  • 16" Sabian AA Medium Crash
  • 22" Zildjian Avedis Ride (Vintage)

• Samboro Luggage with wheels for hardware
  • RacketeX Cases for All Toms, snare and Kick Drum
  • Sabian cymbal Bag (Fits all three)
  • Vater Stick Holder
  • Pro Mark Stick Bag

Since I play all Paiste Twenty's I'll be selling the hats and the crash...the Ride, I'm not sure yet, it's pretty beat up but I kinda dig the sound.

Attachments

Heck99

I thought I'd add recent pics of my Sonor S-Class Pro to the mix. While it's not a brand-new SQ2, it still sounds dang good. Specs to follow soon. I apologize for the less than great quality pics.

Attachments