Should I buy a drum set even tho im a newbie??

mugiwara23pk

Im planning to learn on playing drums for a hobby, and im thinking of getting of an electronic drum set cause i live in an apartment, anyways, my uncle introduce and taught me some things about drumming when i was 12, and after that i wasn't able to develop my skill cause i don't have a drum set at home and my parents insist i should focus on my studies more. Now that im 21, ive been thinking to learn it again by teaching myself I can't enroll for a drumming class cause of my work schedule....so is it advisable to get a drum set even without good amount of skills?? also, is it possible to learn it by myself??

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
Yes, yes, and yes! There are plenty of online resources and books to help you learn stuff. Also, instead of drumming classes, it would do you better to have a few lessons with a private instructor.

Good luck and have fun!

Nickropolis

The first time I sat behind an acoustic drum kit, I was hooked. If you can, get acoustic.

Electronic has it's uses but for me it's more of a luxury to be able to practice a lick at 3am. They still make some noise but you can look at the possibility of using cymbal/drum mutes or mesh heads. Heck, high end e-kits are just triggered mesh heads.

Put it this way...if/when I move out of this house, it's high on the list of priorities to make sure I am still able to play acoustic.