Shoes with Elastic Bands: Yes or No?

Starship Krupa

Give your character a pair of black Vans slip-ons and he or she will look authentic.

Me, I play in Converse Slip All-Stars.

Hmmm, the no stink part would please my GF :p

The best thing about them is that the mesh uppers let air circulate while my feet are moving. I don't wind up with wet feet while I play. I also can wash the shoes in the machine so I don't get the dreaded, STINKFOOT! :)

STXBob

Gold Member
Used to be Chucks. These days I'm often barefoot. Come on, I live on a Caribbean island. B-)

Just as often, these:

I don't play speed metal, though. I play mostly pop/rock covers.

audioragegarden

I most often wear water shoes when I play. They fit snug and they are light. They are inexpensive so I go through several pairs a year. I am the only one that I know who wears them though. Most of them have an elastic draw lace around the top that pulls at the heel.
Not as alone as you think. I first tried water shoes at the beginning of the summer, and haven't played wearing anything else since.

Winegums

Silver Member
Just socks, I can feel better what the pedal is doing. I used to drum with light canvas slip on shoes but I found them to have too much grip for slide.

Neil Peart wears slick bottom dancing shoes.

Kippish

I recently bought these:

Fila Driving Shoes

Very lightweight, a VERY thin sole. There's an elastic strap as you slip them on, then cinch up the velcro strap that goes across the top. As close a shoe as I've found to playing barefoot. And, they don't look too bad, either!
Thanks for your input! Mind I ask what genre you play?

FreDrummer

Silver Member
I recently bought these:

Fila Driving Shoes

Very lightweight, a VERY thin sole. There's an elastic strap as you slip them on, then cinch up the velcro strap that goes across the top. As close a shoe as I've found to playing barefoot. And, they don't look too bad, either!

bigiainw

Gold Member
I need to wear shoes- I hate the feeling of a pedal on my foot without one, but that's where any specifics stop. I don't like very grippy soles as I move my foot about on the pedal a lot- how anyone can use grip tap on a pedal is beyond me too, but to me shoes are shoes and I can play in almost anything. Ski boots are a bit of an issue mind you...

Beam Me Up Scotty

Silver Member
I just stick with socks, myself. Lets me feel the pedal better than with shoes. And I've never had any issues with my toes hitting the chains...

MileHighDrummer

As you can see there is no -"uniform" shoe any group of drummers wear. I generally wear basketball shoes - high-top leather, comfortable shoes. Every drummer has his/her own preference. You can't go wrong with Vans or Converse - or anything else for that matter.