Rogers Skinny Value/

antmanbe

Hi all,

I have a Rogers Skinny snare drum that I wish to sell.

I'm not sure of the value as the snare mechanism doesn't work due a piece of the cast alloy has broken off. The snare wires are permanently on.

Other than that it plays fine. It looks really cool and is an interesting instrument.

Can any one help value it for me please.

Thanks

AMB

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Rogers introduced the skinny drum(Satellite model) drum is 1976.The first models had a grey painted shell,and the later models were painted black.They come up for sale now and again on ebay,so I would check for completed sales to get an idea of the current market value.The fact that the drum is damaged will drasticly effect its value.

Steve B

JohnPloughman

Silver Member
Here is the skinny on the Skinny.

It is in the 70 Catalog and also the 73. It is gone in 1976. Not many were sold.

The Skinny first appears in the May 15, 1969 Catalog Price update list on page 8 as....... NEW not shown in catalog.

Cat # 9400 Satellite Snare Drum 70.00
Cat #9425 Satellite Drum Kit 115.00 this consisted of the #9400 Snare drum, #992 Case, #4010 Stand, #6100 Sticks, and #992 Case. #7100 Elementary Method book was also included.

Value ........ in this economy... what ever someone will pay. It is a hard sell item. Prone to breakage, and well, generally they were overtensioned, which caused stripping of the threads.

High end estimates below.

Dead mint with case, as described above, 400-500
Dead mint, drum only 300-400
Anything else is some varying degree of a wreck and can be either worthless or worth a lot less.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Here is the skinny on the Skinny.

It is in the 70 Catalog and also the 73. It is gone in 1976. Not many were sold.

The Skinny first appears in the May 15, 1969 Catalog Price update list on page 8 as....... NEW not shown in catalog.

Cat # 9400 Satellite Snare Drum 70.00
Cat #9425 Satellite Drum Kit 115.00 this consisted of the #9400 Snare drum, #992 Case, #4010 Stand, #6100 Sticks, and #992 Case. #7100 Elementary Method book was also included.

Value ........ in this economy... what ever someone will pay. It is a hard sell item. Prone to breakage, and well, generally they were overtensioned, which caused stripping of the threads.

High end estimates below.

Dead mint with case, as described above, 400-500
Dead mint, drum only 300-400
Anything else is some varying degree of a wreck and can be either worthless or worth a lot less.
John,I know you're the man when it comes to everything Rogers.I got that info from John Aldridges book "Guide to Vintage Drums".If he can be wrong,then I don't feel too bad.

Steve B

JohnPloughman

Silver Member
I have an original poster advertising proof of the Skinny that I picked up a few years ago. I will have to get it off the wall and out of the matting to scan so I can post it. Theres even a misspelled word or two. Like I said, it was a proof copy. Im sure it went to revision.