Rogers R-380 drums

willieboy_sf

Does anybody know what these are? I heard that they are good quality 3-ply shells made by Yamaha. I also heard that they are total crap made in Taiwan. What's the deal on these drums? Thanks.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Does anybody know what these are? I heard that they are good quality 3-ply shells made by Yamaha. I also heard that they are total crap made in Taiwan. What's the deal on these drums? Thanks.
I'm not a Rogers Expert but I believe they are cheap lower quality Rogers don't. pay too much for them.

Bonzolead

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
I actually owned a set of these at one point. They are definitely NOT nice 3-ply shells. They have the typical entry-level luan 8-or-so-ply shells. Rogers imported these shells and sold them as a cheap entry-level kit near the end of the 70s, right before they went out of commission for about 25-30 years.

Coincidence? I think not...

gmrakich

Gold Member
When the "real" Rogers went under, the name was bought and used to market a few low level kits. They were the 360 and the 380. Poplar and cheap mahogany Asian shells. Not really any better than early Exports.

Psychopete

There are 2 eras the 380/360s series drums were made. You can tell by the different badges and over all look of the drums. I have 2 R-380s that are identical and are the earlier models made by Yamaha. They are decent sounding drums, I am pretty partial to them. The 80's era 380/360s made in Taiwan are junk.

Last edited: